Best bits: April 2016
I'm Hello there! How have we all been over this past month? For me, April has mostly been about catching up on things, with people and just back into the swing off things after the long Easter bank holiday weekend. One would assume it's been the same for most people though.
Josh and I spent the first weekend of the month chilling with his friends, watching the boxing (Anthony Joshua's winning fight, to be more specific, although we did watch a few of the fights leading up to this fight) and chatting. It was lovely to meet them and have such a relaxing weekend!
Throughout all of February and all of March, each and every one of my weekends was fully booked with work, going out with friends or colleagues or tied up with family events over the Easter weekend. This month it's been nice to get back into my usual Sunday sessions at the gym. For the last 10 months, I've been going during my lunch breaks three to four times every week but I only get half an hour done during my lunch so by coming in on a Sunday, I can get a good few hours done.
Linking in with the previous point, I beat some personal bests in the gym. I got to 75kgs on squats and 95kgs on deadlifts. I also managed to improve my form on a lot more different sets and also got more into my cardio again.
Of you follow me on Instagram, you'll have seen that Josh and I may have gone a little overboard and bought a ton of chocolate and sweets.
Chloe, Rosie and I went to watch The Jungle Book at the cinema mid month. It was incredible! Having not seen the original, cartoon version since I was only young meant that the storyline wasn't ruined by any changes. Rosie, however, cried. Cried! At a children's movie! Then at the end, she asks if the animals were real! No joke! She actually cried and that was a serious question!
My garden is a sun trap during the summer. Earlier last week was the first time this year it was hot enough to sit out in the garden and tan. As you can quite clearly tell from the below photo, I am oh so very pale. I could be the twin of Olaf the snowman... Being this pale makes tanning slightly more difficult as I tend to skip the tanning stage and go straight to burning, which is a far to regular occurrence in my life! *Sigh* However, spending three whole hours sat outside in the sun skyrocketed my motivation for studying.
This month has been the bearer of some beautiful sunsets. When the weather starts to pick up like it has been towards the end of this month, I always feel like being outside and soaking up every bit of sun I can!
Date outings. Sj and I went for ice cream as it was such lovely weather. Josh and I have been out for dinner a couple of times this month. Chloe, Rosie and I have been on our usual Tuesday lunch dates every week, as per usual. Unfortunately,vJamie and I had to reschedule our lunch date to next month.
My work (full time job of you were wondering) held a quiz night to raise money for the NSPCC in Jersey earlier this week. I originally hadn't put a team in but two of my colleagues pulled out at the very last minute so gave Josh and I their places. Although it was a fantastic evening, my team - It's All About The Craic - came 20th out of 20 teams, consistantlg losing every single round. Our worse score was one out of ten point on the 'countries' round - I feel I should point out this wasn't down as to me as my correct answer of Ukraine was outlawed by turkey with a 3:1 voting ratio. When going through the answers for that round, my reaction had the room in fits of laughter. For coming last, my team won the wooden spoon and a pen each.
Chloe and I went to the Dance Floor Challenge this afternoon. I've never been before. Chloe's boss was participating in it so we shared a table with his family and their colleagues which was nice. Once it had finished, Chloe came back to mine and we caught up on some of our To Watch list.
So that's my April all summed up. I hope you all have a lovely May. We even the Bank Holiday weekend which means I get a normal weekend. Enjoy!
Charlotte.






Comments
Post a Comment