Best Bits: September 2017
Movie Night. I had Chloe, Rosie and Tasmin round at the start of the month. I was looking after some cats so they came to see them. After the girls had given the kittens some attention, we sat down to watch Minions then watched part of Pitch Perfect 2 before they left.
Chinese! Lulu came round, to see the cats as well as to catch up. We were both super excited for our Chinese and had been daydreaming about it for the whole day! We ate and chatted then sat down with the kitties to watch Trainwreck. I had 'Uptown Girl' by Billy Joel stuck in my head for a week after that being the second time in the space of a week that I'd watched the movie!
Celebrations. My mum and step dad finally tied the knot earlier this month so the whole family went out for lunch to celebrate. I'm so happy for them both and we all had such a lovely time! We were also greeted by the sun for the sun for the day which we were all surprised at considering the regular downpour of rain, cooler temperatures and gusts of wind that have graced us during the rest of the month of September.
'Friends' the TV Show. James and I finished all 10 seasons in the box set of Friends in the knick of time! We flew out to London last Friday and finished the last episode the night before. I'm glad we managed it as James clearly wasn't on the same level I was, excited wise. The best way to describe my excitement is to compare to me to Monica when she woke up on the day of her wedding and tripped over her own feet running out of the bedroom! No tripping up for me though, thank god!
FriendsFest. I've been so excited for this since last year! I'm certainly not disappointed, but then I wasn't all too sure what to expected before I went. I had been looking up the Friendsfest hashtag on Twitter and Instagram for the two weeks leading up to the event because of the excitement! More on Friendsfest soon!
London Baby! While Friendsfest was the main reason for the trip to London, James and I also got up to some other bits, such as seeing Lucille and going to the zoo. Read more about our weekend here.
Work Social. Having been with the company for only just two months, this was my first social outing with my team. We started the evening with drinks at my managers house, in her fancy kitchen which overlooks the beach and sees some beautiful sunsets before heading to a nearby restaurant for dinner. My team is made up of all women plus one guy, who surprisingly opted out of the social for that reason alone. It was nice to socialise with them all outside of the office and get to know them more.
That's pretty much it for this month.
Charlotte.
Chinese! Lulu came round, to see the cats as well as to catch up. We were both super excited for our Chinese and had been daydreaming about it for the whole day! We ate and chatted then sat down with the kitties to watch Trainwreck. I had 'Uptown Girl' by Billy Joel stuck in my head for a week after that being the second time in the space of a week that I'd watched the movie!
Celebrations. My mum and step dad finally tied the knot earlier this month so the whole family went out for lunch to celebrate. I'm so happy for them both and we all had such a lovely time! We were also greeted by the sun for the sun for the day which we were all surprised at considering the regular downpour of rain, cooler temperatures and gusts of wind that have graced us during the rest of the month of September.
'Friends' the TV Show. James and I finished all 10 seasons in the box set of Friends in the knick of time! We flew out to London last Friday and finished the last episode the night before. I'm glad we managed it as James clearly wasn't on the same level I was, excited wise. The best way to describe my excitement is to compare to me to Monica when she woke up on the day of her wedding and tripped over her own feet running out of the bedroom! No tripping up for me though, thank god!
FriendsFest. I've been so excited for this since last year! I'm certainly not disappointed, but then I wasn't all too sure what to expected before I went. I had been looking up the Friendsfest hashtag on Twitter and Instagram for the two weeks leading up to the event because of the excitement! More on Friendsfest soon!
London Baby! While Friendsfest was the main reason for the trip to London, James and I also got up to some other bits, such as seeing Lucille and going to the zoo. Read more about our weekend here.
Work Social. Having been with the company for only just two months, this was my first social outing with my team. We started the evening with drinks at my managers house, in her fancy kitchen which overlooks the beach and sees some beautiful sunsets before heading to a nearby restaurant for dinner. My team is made up of all women plus one guy, who surprisingly opted out of the social for that reason alone. It was nice to socialise with them all outside of the office and get to know them more.
That's pretty much it for this month.
Charlotte.

Comments
Post a Comment