60 Things To Do In 2015: A Round Up


I know, I know - this post is long overdue! I mean, 2015 was only 19 days ago... But you know, the idea for this post only occurred to me on Friday night as I was about to drop off into the land of nod.

If you're a regular reader, or have stumbled across my piece of the Internet enough times to be familiar with my usual style of posts, you'll have noticed that last year was all about the 60 goals I'd set myself, only to have completed a mere total of 40 in the end. 

As I couldn't bare to keep my '60 Things To Do In 2015' page running at the top there any longer, I thought it be best to move it into a post. And rather than merge it into the original post I put up at the start of 2015, we ended up here at this very post. 

In my original post, you had a pretty brief explanation of how or why each point made it to the list. On the page that once was, you just had the goal and the link to the post (if it was completed). So it makes sense for this post to have a brief explanation of why certain goals weren't done or about when I completed my goals.

And on that note, let us begin!

  1. Have a girly weekend - finding a whole weekend where all the girls where free the whole weekend proved rather difficult. In the end I think organising this just slipped my mind...
  2. Watch Shrek the musical - so, it wasn't the big Shrek The Musical that was going around the West End, it was a local GADDOC Production. GADDOC did, however, hire the dragon puppet that was used in the West End version of Shrek. A colleague of mine was actually the puppeteer for the dragon... Which broke on the first night of production! Wasn't a massive deal - they put the back end on wheels so it wouldn't brake any more. He did say that he thought the West End cast didn't move the dragon around like they were which was the likely cause of it braking... 
  3. Watch Charlie and The Chocolate Factory The Musical - this was actually a West End production. The kid who played Charlie was performing as Charlie for the very last time during the showing Sj and I saw. It was lovely to see him get such an amazing send off at the end. Grandad and Charlie were both crying! I was feeling slightly emotional, of course I held myself together!
  4. Go to a theme park - Sj and I went to Thorpe Park. It was actually pretty quiet the day we went. It must have been half term. I'm not complaining - the queuing time was barely any time at all and we got on all the rides we wanted!
  5. Go on the London Eye - Sj and I timed it just right when we went on. There was only one small group of people ahead of us and we got some lovely photos of the view of London on the way around.
  6. Go to a zoo - I love the zoo so as you can imagine, I was right in my element at ZSL London Zoo! Although, I'd love to take a trip around ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. Apparently they have bigger enclosures.
  7. Feed a giraffe - feeding my favourite animal was probably the highlight of my year! No, not probably, it definitely was! Even Sj enjoyed it as well.
  8. Go to a Hard Rock Cafe - I didn't really know what to expect from the Hard Rock Cafe, but I was actually really impressed with everything from the service to the food to the atmosphere! There wasn't a single empty table the whole time we were there so considering how busy they were, the staff were so calm and relaxed - they didn't seem stressed in the slightest and were so happy, some were even singing along to the background music. Sj and I ordered a dessert each and instantly regretted ordering one each. I wondered why the waiter smiled when we asked for one each... The dessert was gigantic! I swear, it was bigger than my head!
  9. Go on a day trip to sark - this day trip honestly just slipped my mind... I'm hoping to visit at some point this year though.
  10. Hire a push bike for a day - I had every intention of doing this. During the summer I even borrowed a push bike from one of my mums friends! I've actually bought it off of her as I kept it for so long...
  11. Get fit - this is more of an ongoing thing but during 2015, I feel I had some sort of routine, although this year I will be focusing on making that routine more structured.
  12. Try rugby - despite finding a lot of the women completely terrifying, I really did enjoy rugby during the short time I did it. The reason I stopped attending sessions was because I got ill and then the weather turned colder and wetter and windier, meaning I didn't want to be out in that weather only to get ill again from it...
  13. Try archery - I got the impression Chloe, Rosie and Tasmin weren't as keen on the idea of doing this as I was but after our session had finished it turns out they really did enjoy it! My weird interests can be fun!
  14. Do the insanity dvd - now, I feel I must point out that I did start this and had all intentions of completing it... But, when I started it, I started too close to my holiday to London with Sj so couldn't finish it. I managed a month though! Plus I went to other sessions that my local gym had out on around the time and have been to plenty of other sessions since coming back from holibobs.
  15. Go to a yoga class - I'm a very fidgety person... Yoga proved just how much I do actually fidget.. Don't get me wrong, I mean it was nice to try it and all but I wouldn't go back - it's just not my cup of tea...
  16. Swim in the sea everyday for a week - yeah, um, I did start this one as well... I managed 4 days before the typical British weather kicked in and put a stop to the beautiful weather we were having that week.
  17. Go for a midnight walk - I did actually go for a midnight walk but I only had my iPhone on me which doesn't take good photos when there's not much light...
  18. Do a Santa Fun Run - I wish I wasn't ill when Sj and I did the Santa Fun Run - we would have finished so much sooner. We were given Santa suits but decided not to wear the trousers as we could have fitted both of us in one pair, they were huge!
  19. Do ballroom dancing - I couldn't find anyone who wanted to do this with me. By the end of the year, I wasn't too fused about doing anyway...
  20. Go a week without chocolate - it took me three attempts to complete a full week without chocolate. I don't think I could give it up for lent though - 40 days is far too long to go without chocolate! A girl needs her chocolate!
  21. Make After Eight cupcakes - despite the bright green icing, these went down a treat with my colleagues. I've been instructed to bake on a more regular basis which I was flattered by.
  22. Have a kitchen day - I have spent up to an hour or two in the kitchen cooking or baking but never actually got around to spending the whole day pre cooking my meals for the week and baking cupcakes or biscuits. I really must get around to that soon though!
  23. Go for a tennerfest - I actually went for three Tennerfests last year. One with Sj (the one I discussed in my write up post), one with Chloe and Rosie and one with work.
  24. Cook a meal for friends - I always end up cooking for my friends. The one I wrote about was my pasta dish for Chloe and Rosie the day that Chloe and I watched the rugby before Rosie joined us for the rest of the evening.
  25. Have an adventurous day out with friends - it's such a shame we never got round to this one. I'd love to just go out and do something new and interesting that we haven't ever done together before!
  26. Road trip around Guernsey with friends - Chloe took a bunch of photos of our little drive together. I've been on plenty of drives with every one of my friends and even on my own but this was the only one that was ever photographed.
  27. Do memory books - Chloe, Rosie and I did actually organise some categories and what photos we want to fall into which category but never actually got round to printing any photos to put in our book. As for mine and Sj's memory book, nothing more was done during 2015 for it.
  28. Musical movie marathon - oh, how I love a musical. I have to fight the urge to sing every song at the top of my lungs... No one would want to hear me sing, hence why I only allow myself to mime the words...
  29. Disney movie marathon - how this never happened, I do not know! My friends and I all love Disney movies! I guess we just never watched per evening to be able to call it a movie marathon...
  30. Have a chic flic movie marathon - it was either clic flic or rom com - I hate PDAs (public displays of affection) so we were left with chic flics. And what better excuse for buckets of chocolate!
  31. Have a horror movie marathon - horror movies are pretty predictable, don't you agree? Despite that, none one will watch them with me... 
  32. Have a video game evening - a video game evening with Chloe and I is quite literally just a match between the two of us to see who can scream and swear the most over Mario Karts. This is what Rosie and Tasmin found out when they joined us for this video game evening.
  33. Have a board game evening - this event took place at Rosie's. This was a pretty spectacular event as it was the first time we had been to Rosie's place in a good two and a half years! 
  34. Take photos in a photo booth with friends - this post was based on the photos Sj and I took in the airports photo booth while we were waiting for our plane to actually take off. However, at my works Christmas party, we had a photo booth where I spent half of the night!
  35. Go bowling - I went bowling a fair few times last year. I went with colleagues from both jobs and with friends. Though, I think my colleagues would think oddly of me if I asked them to photograph my throwing a ball down an alleyway so could only get photos with friends...
  36. Go go karting - how I never did this I do not know as I live on the same street as the go kart track and my work even put a small together to go...
  37. Go on a zip wire - this was so much fun! The guys who took us on the zip wire were super friendly and chatty which helped with our enjoyment!
  38. Go camping - I don't take kindly to begin cold and sleeping on the ground of a night automatically means I'm not getting any sleep so this was really a recipe for disaster and probably too optimistic on my part for putting on this list...
  39. Have a picnic - I now have an actual picnic blanket due to the amount of picnics I went on last year! I'm sure it'll also come in useful over the years to come.
  40. Have a beach day - I actually had a good six days at the beach last year, minimum. Would have been more if we didn't have so many jellyfish on the shores...
  41. Play crazy golf - is it still crazy golf if I end up using the club as a hockey stick and use probably too much force for a game of crazy golf?
  42. Go on a beach crawl - considering how many beaches there are on Guernsey and how close they all are to each other and in general, I really don't understand how this didn't happen. We're clearly too lazy to leave the beach we started on and move on to the next...
  43. Make a fort - note to self: get more duvets to make the floor comfy enough for my fort...
  44. Go on a ghost tour - ghost tours are only good at night and night time is cold. Perhaps I just need ro man up about the cold...
  45. Cliff jumping - Sj is the only person who is as keen to do this as I am and finding a time where we were both free at high tide during the summer when it was warm enough and calm enough proved too much while we were both working shifts.
  46. Make a candle - neither Sj or I had made a candle in over 10 years so it was great fun making them. I still have the one I made on my previous visit which turns out to be similar to my most recent one.
  47. Visit the little chapel - Sj and I timed our visit just right as it closed for refurbishment mid summer 2015.
  48. Go to Bluebell Woods - Chloe and I took our walk through Bluebell at the completely wrong time of the year! We only saw one sprout of bluebells.
  49. Go to the aquarium - I haven't been to the Guernsey Aquarium in a good 10 to 15 years so my trip with Chloe was long overdue.
  50. Watch the sunset - Guernsey has some lovely places to watch the sunset, and we always have some beautiful sunsets. The best viewing points are on the east/west coasts.
  51. Watch the sunrise - the only time I got to see the sun rise was on my early start while I was working shifts but I never had enough time to stop to fully watch it. Now I've stopped working shifts and am never up and ready in time to watch the sunrise.
  52. Make a photo board full of photos with great memories - okay, so it's not full, but it does have a lot of good memories visible to anyone to enters my room. I love having all of these photos so easily available to admire whenever! I do plan on filling the empty space very soon.
  53. Get a canvas photo - I actually have three up on my wall now. I had no idea what to expect, size wise, with the last one I got - it's bigger than the first two that I got but not too big.
  54. Get a tattoo - so by the time Autumn had come around, my mindset just seemed to change and suddenly the idea of getting a tattoo just didn't seem worth it anymore. I mean, I wanted a star on my hip but if I were to get fat or pregnant in the future then the tattoo will stretch, causing it to no longer look how I wanted it to look. And then when I lose weight or once the hyperthetical baby is born, my body will begin to go back to normal (or close to normal) and the skin won't be the same, meaning the tattoo's appearance will then change again. Also, when I get old, my skin will wrinkle and that will change how it looks. Basically, I don't like the idea of getting a tattoo only for it to change for whatever reason and not look how I intended it to look.
  55. Get my hair cut in a salon -  I was so chuffed with my hair after getting it done in the salon. There was nothing wrong with my old hairdresser. The only thing is, she's my mums best friend and when you've known someone for so long, it's nice to have a change. The guy I now to is slightly more happy to try new things with my hair and gets it done a lot quicker. It was totally worth the money and was no where near as expensive as I was expecting. Plus, I've been back since the post was published and I'll be going back again and again. I actually need to book myself in again soon.
  56. Read a book - this book probably doesn't count to most people but for someone like me who hasn't picked up a book since I had to for my English GCSE at high school three and a half years ago, it so counts. On the plus side, I started a proper book (one with actual chapters and more than two characters) back in the summer. Now, on the other hand, I don't know where I've placed the book, what page I was on or what characters are in the book...
  57. Learn the basics of another language - to say I downloaded so many apps in preparation for this and have two friends who have both offered to teach me their first languages, it really should have been done. I think it was just laziness on my behalf...
  58. Create a Bucket List - this was such an easy task. It took me longer to come up my '60 things' for 2015 than it did for my bucket list. I guess that's because my bucket list has a much longer time scale so the things to do don't have to be so realistic for such a short space of time.
  59. Make a YouTube video - from as soon as I put this on my list, I knew my YouTube video was going to be based on all of what I completed throughout the year. I was frantically finishing the final touches on New Years Eve while I was at Chloe's house, screaming (and swearing) at Mario Karts.
  60. Do a shoebox for charity - this actually turned into quite the palaver in the end. I was going to donate the box here in Guernsey but couldn't find a donation point. Then I found one in the UK so took it with me when I visited Tasmin at Halloween. I had planned to take it to the drop off point next to the airport but found out that my non-refundable flight had been cancelled when I was on the train to the airport. So rather than waste any more time I rushed straight to the airport to sort myself out with another way of getting home and then ran out of time to take the box to the drop off point. When I arrived back in Guernsey, my Gran helped me find a local drop off point in Guernsey, which had officially stopped accepting shoeboxes literally five minutes before we arrived. Luckily, we found the main drop off point up by the hospital so we rushed up there and finally donated it with two hours before the final cut off point. Talk about timing! But my, oh, my it felt wonderful to donate the shoebox!

So there we have it. My '60 Things To Do In 2015' is now all concluded. Only now have I realised just how many of these goals Sj helped with! Original post can be found here and my 'goodbye 2015, hello 2016' post can be found here.

Comments

Popular Posts