We say goodbye, quickly followed by hello


Well well well 2015, here we have it. Almost 24 hours ago we said our final goodbyes. We said goodbye with Chloe by my side, just as she was when we first said hello 364 days ago. It was a relaxing send off we gave you, wouldn't you agree? Tucked up at home with a Chinese, chocolate and video games. Of course, a trip to Chloe's wouldn't be complete without all of the love and attention the dogs demand of anyone who sets foot in their house! And the obligatory gossip.

Let's reminisce over our time together, shall we?

I think it's safe to say we've had our fair share of ups and downs. There has been one too many unwanted goodbyes with people throughout the year. Although a shame at the time and each one bought a different level of sadness, I'm sure you had your reasons for allowing them. Another unfortunate loss this year was Hetty back in February just two weeks after her 16th birthday in human years. 


Hetty did love a good selfie!

Not only have relationships come to an end, disagreements have been had too, creating quite the atmosphere at times. You've also thrown more than a fair share of both minor and slight major worries this way. Clearly when we first met we didn't cover the fact that I don't like drama! 

The positives we shared together most definitely outnumber the negatives so I'll give you that one. I had the opportunity to feed a giraffe back in May. I love giraffes! The experience of being up so close and personal was incredible! I also started a new job, and passed my probation period. My family welcomed a new fury friend into our home - Tio. And just two months ago I bought myself a new car which I love!

I've been on holiday to London with Sj where we went to ZSL London Zoo, Thorpe Park and the theatre. There was also the day trip to Jersey with Chloe, Rosie and Tasmin where we shopped, caught up with Lucille, tried archery and went on a zip wire. We've also seen all of my friends turn 18 and some even turn 19.

Of course, we've shared the smaller things in life such as cosy nights in and random little outings, both of which done on my own and with friends.


 
Top left: Jersey | Top right: Chloe's 18th | bottom left: giraffe feeding at ZSL London Zoo | bottom right: Tio

So 2015, although there are a few things you've bought to the table that could have gone a whole lot better, overall you've been a pretty decent year. And for that, I'm grateful, so thank you! Goodbye!


Well hello there 2016, how nice of you to join us on this wet and windy winters day. I do believe we should get acquainted with one another before we make it any further into the year.

Let me start by saying that I'm one of these people who do not like surprises, so I'd really appreciate it if you didn't give me any nasty or unwanted surprises. If you've got any lovely little surprises up your sleeve, please give me some clues in the build up to it, a heads up would be great.

Every other year on January 1st, I've had some sort of idea on what I'd like to get out of the year ahead, whether it be some sort of resolution, career option or even something on the leisurely side of things, such as a holiday. This time round, I have nothing. I have no idea what to expect. I'm one of these people who likes to know what's happening and the fact I'm completely blank about this coming year leaves me a little on the weary side. Not having a sense of control scares me ever so slightly. 2016, this is where you start giving me clues to one of your lovely little surprises I mentioned earlier... 

For Christmas, my mum gave a five year Q&A book. The very first question I was asked this morning was 'What is your mission?' Honestly, I currently have no idea. This is the first time in a very, very long time where I've not had a plan, or at least an idea, to go by. I mean, get more sleep is top of my 'to do' list, along with get fit and healthier. 

So then 2016, with no expectations from me and no set plans, you better have something slick up your sleeve and pull it out of the bag - I'm counting on you! Make my last year as a teenager a good one. Let's go!



General chitchat.

The thought of this being my last year as a teenager is weird. Today, I have enjoyed telling my family and friends that I'm going to be 21 next year. I find such joy in the simplest of things! For this upcoming year, along with improving my health and fitness, I intend get myself into a better blogging routine. As for 2015, my posts revolved around my round ups and 60 Things To Do In 2015 so from now onwards I'd like more variety from my posts.

I wish you all the best with whatever 2016 brings for you. Good luck!

Charlotte.

Comments

  1. Awww such a lovely post! Happy 2016 to you - I too will be 21 this coming year and I am a little apprehensive because it seems no time since I was 17 xD your pets are so adorable! loving your blog :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well! These big birthdays are quite scary but exciting at the same time! Thank you! Xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts