Bank Holiday weekending

This bank Holiday weekend was the final one that May has to offer as well as being the last one until the end of August for us Brits. And boy, was it a chilled one for Josh and I.

Saturday...

Saturday was just like any other Saturday for us. We get ourselves up and ready for him to spend the morning with his family me with mine before I head off to work for the afternoon while he stays home doing the housework. Once I'd finally finished my shift, I made my way to his for dinner. We were due to go to his friends for the evening but those plans were cancelled at the last minute.

Sunday...

Sunday had a very slow start to the day. Despite waking up at 8am, we didn't actually get ourselves up and presentable until lunchtime. The morning was dedicated to Xboxing and blog reading. We also had breakfast in bed along with biscuits to follow.

After lunch, we took a trip to Pleinmont beach for an ice cream, a picnic and a brief stroll to explore the area - you see, Pleinmont is at the completely opposite side of the island to us and, although anywhere in Guernsey is only a 30 to 45 minute drive away, Sunday always presents the roads with slow drivers. I'm not saying I speed everywhere, but when you're stuck behind someone who's going 10mph under the speed limit, it does get pretty annoying!


Sunday evening was just as lazy as the rest of the day. We arrived home and stuck on some sweet potatoes and chicken skewers, which were incredible, before we slumped ourselves in front of the telly.

Monday...

Monday kicked off very much the same as Sunday - very slowly and very lazily. Josh only got out of bed properly once only to make us breakfast in bed. Weekends just aren't the same for us without breakfast in bed. We spent the morning discussing how we'd love to get a dog and looking online at how much certain breeds cost and where we'd go to purchase the pup and all of that shi bang. Of course, wanting a dog is just hopes and dreams at the moment. 

Early afternoon was spent at my auntie and uncles house, sat outside in the garden with the doggies. We only stayed for an hour as we hadn't yet eaten lunch. Late breakfast.. Plus, my auntie and uncle had plans to go to the local hill climb with one of my cousins. I'm rather sun burnt on my chest and shoulders today just from that hour in the garden.

Once the hype of wanting a dog, looking at all of the cute puppies on the Internet and being around dogs had calmed down, we decided a trip to the cinema was in order for the afternoon. We attended the 4:15 pm showing of Alice Through The Looking Glass which we both really enjoyed, despite it not being Joshes usual choice of movie.

So that was our bank holiday weekend in a nutshell. Taking the weekend off and being that lazy did me the world of good. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a weekend without rushing around to try and do things. Note to self, must take it easy from time to time...

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts