Best Bits: May 2016

Hello everyone. How have you been throughout the month of May? Here in Guernsey, the weather has slowly picked up and I'm now one step closer to being able to spend my evenings and weekends outside in the garden trying with all my heart to get a tan.

The month, for me, started off with Sj's birthday. To celebrate, we went to watch a local women's football game before going for a mid afternoon meal. After our meal, another of Sj's friends had organised a surprise party for her at their football clubhouse which I was incharge of getting Soph to. We had a lovely day and it was all so much fun!


As you've probably already seen, I started my 101 in 1001 earlier this month. I'm so excited to get cracking with it! You can view the original post here.

Linking in with my previous comment, I got my hair cut! As it's on my 101 in 1001, you can see how I felt at the time here. My hair has been long for roughly 15 years so this is definitely a big change!


In Guernsey, we celebrate Liberation Day every year on 9th May. This year, the island has been 'liberated' for 71 years. If you haven't heard Winston Churchill's speech yet, you can listen to it on YouTube here. Little bit of history right there for you! To mark the occasion this year, Josh and I went in for 11 am to watch the balloon show and the street dance, see the cavalcade drive through town, watch the fireworks and have a mooch. Due to the weather we only stayed in town for the balloon show and had a 10 minute walk around before getting a milkshake from one of the stalls. We also began watching the street dance but neither of us could see a thing and didn't want to around in the rain.

If you read this post, you'll know I ordered myself a Fitbit. Only now, two weeks later, am I getting to grips to the design and now no longer start shouting when I can't get the clasp to grip the ends together! 


Chloe and I took a trip to the cinema earlier this month to see Bad Neighbours 2. We both enjoyed and I would recommend getting yourself to your nearer movie theatre to see it if you haven't already! Don't worry, I won't go into any details if you haven't seen it as of yet.

Josh and I made Rolo cupcakes. They turned out well but not how I'd hope they would. Because of this, I'll be making another batch soon but trying them a different way.



It was also my aunties 50th birthday this month so to celebrate, Josh and I and joined the family for a Chinese at Dragon. The food was amazing!

My manager sent me out to buy ice cream for everyone in the office on Friday just gone. The best part of my job is getting sent out to get food for us all! 

Spending the final bank holiday weekend of May relaxing with Josh. You can read up on how the weekend panned out here.



Overall, May has been quite the busy one, both on a personal note and work wise, but busy in a good way. Let's hope the summer is hot and sunny!

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts