Best Bits: October 2016

I really like the month of October. It's the first month that actually feels like proper Autumn. Normally October tends to be pretty busy, and while this past month has been relatively busy, I've had a few hiccups which have slowed things down. I came down with this cold meaning I had to take a few days off work due to my lack of voice at one point. But now I'm back to full health.

Spending more time in the kitchen. This may seem like an odd thing to put seeing as I cook dinner every evening. Recently I've been a little stuck on what to cook Josh and I for dinner so we're not having the same things all of the time. My auntie gave me some cook books for my birthday last year so I got my nose into them for some new inspiration. I even made Pumpkin Soup for the first time which you can read about here as it's on my 101 in 1001 list. Josh and I have been getting into our baking as well recently which has been a great way for us to spend some quality time together without being so reliant on technology.

New routines. So if you read my third instalment of On The Horizon, you'll know that this is my last week in my current job before I start my new one next week. My new office is based at the other end of town to my local gym meaning a lunch time session is no longer suitable for me. I now go to the gym after work everyday during the working week and I try to fit a session in on Sunday's. I also like to try and have two pamper sessions a week with a face mask which I tend to do more so on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Getting back into the gym. I took what felt like the longest month off from the gym. Mainly due to lack of motivation and sickness. But now I'm back and I feel much better in myself for it. Since getting into it, I've been testing out different times of the day to take my sessions as, when I start my new job next week, I won't be able to go during my lunch hour due to having less time and further to go. I've tried waking up earlier and going to the gym before work but that proved to be a massive no no, what with me being so anti mornings. I almost tried to go more over the weekends but I work there on Saturday afternoons so spending all day underground isn't really an option I'd like to explore.

Netflix binging. I know this isn't the best way thing to consider a highlight of the month but it's not my fault? I felt pretty lousy at the start of the month which really took it out of me for about two weeks so the perfect pick me up was binge watching Pretty Little Liars. Unfortunately, I'm now all caught up and am currently waiting ever so desperately waiting for the final half of the last ever series to grace our screens in April of 2017. They finished filming the last of PLL on Wednesday 26th of October and I find it rather frustrating that we have to wait so long! Also disappointing that there will no more.

Catching up on the blogging world. I know! I'm sorry! I'm really bad at not staying in the loop with all of your posts. But fear not, I'm all up to speed and I intend to stay that way. I'm sure we're all sat here thinking 'we'll see how long that will last'. 

Looking through old photos. I absolutely love looking through old photos! Josh hadn't seen any of my babies photos before so the two of us looked through the photo albums I took with me when I flew the nest during mid month. We also spent an evening with my Gran looking through her photo albums. I say albums, she has a box FULL to the brim of old photos of both her side, my pops side, of my mum and aunties as children and growing up and of me and all of the cousins from baby age and up. It is ridiculous how much I look like my mum when she was my age!

This is one of my favourite photos that we found of my Papa in his early 20's

Halloween Weekending. I wrote a post about my Halloween weekend which you can read about here. I also carved a pumpkin which you can read about here as it's on my 101 in 1001. Chloe and I celebrated Halloween a couple of days early this year. Because let's face it, here in Britain Halloween is no where near as big as it is in The States.


Tennerfest time. Lauren, Lulu and I all went off for a tennerfest together for a little mid month catch up before heading into town for the odd drink (or 7 and a night out in their cases - I was driving so I was the 'boring', sensible one who drive Lauren home). I went for a very healthy and particularly vegan options for both my starter and my main then had the chocolate brownie for dessert. If you ask any of my friends or family, they'd all tell you how much of a sucker I am for a brownie. I have quite the thing for trying the brownie if a restaurant has it on their menu.

That's all for October really. It turned out to be a lot quieter than expected actually. Although it was lovely that it was a more family based month. The colder months usually tend to be spent more with family as we all like to cosy up in the warmth.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts