On The Horizon #5
So I know this installment hadn't come around as quickly as my last couple but recently, I've felt like there hasn't been all that much set in stone. That, being said, was until I began writing this post. I guess I didn't really pay all that much attention to the plans I was making.
Anyhoo, I'll still give you the run down of what I do have in store for the upcoming weeks.
*WARNING: this post contains talk of Christmas plans in November*
Birthday celebrations. To celebrate my birthday I've booked a long weekend off of work. On the actual day, I plan to get my hair cut (still need to book the appointment though), go out for lunch with my mum and my Gran and then go ice skating with my mum, stepdad and his grandchildren. I'm hoping Josh will have something nice planned for the evening. On the Saturday, I plan to go for brunch with Chloe, Rosie and Sj then have a relaxed afternoon followed by a movie marathon on the Sunday with them. On the Monday, I fully intend to do very little.
Lazy night in. Chloe and Sj are coming round this evening for dinner and a lazy evening in watching shows on Netflix. Chloe has joined Josh and I for dinner a couple of Saturdays in a row now before the two of us watch some things from our 'To Watch' list. Tonight however, Sj is joining us. The four of us are having a homemade shepherds pie (which I trialled last week for Josh and myself and, if I do say so myself, it turned out amazingly!) followed by caramel ice cream courtesy of Sj and Thai Sweet Chicken crisps provided by yours truly.
Blog redesign. Let's ignore the fact that this particular plan has made it in a few of my recent On The Horizon posts and let us move onto the fact that I actually see this little space of mine with a makeover come the new year. What Chloe doesn't know yet and won't find out until I see her this evening - unless she reads this before then - is that I'd very much like her help with the finishing touches of the design and will be harassing her for her time.
Catching up on the blog-ospher. Is that even a thing?! While I'm all caught up on reading everyone blogs, I'm not so much up to date on the posts I had planned to pump out. However, now that things are hopefully slowing down a bit for me, I plan to catch up on the posts that have been semi started and get them publish them. I also have a few more ideas for posts which will be coming out over the next few months (yes, months. Maybe a bit too far in advance for my On The Horizon series?) Wish me luck!
Gym time. While I was spending more time at the gym and I did manage to add structure to the way I spread my sessions out, I've now, unfortunately, slipped back into bad, old habits of not going regularly enough. Throughout the rest of this month, my aim is to start making more time for exercise with the intention of getting back into a normal routine in December so that when the busy season starts in January, I can be ready without the crowds of people to throw me off course.
*Queue the Christmas talk!*
Christmas shopping. This is something that I was a lot more prepared with last year having completed it by the end of October. I have, however, made a small start. I do have a few ideas for people but I'm still yet to venture out and prepare myself. Rushing around the shops during the Christmas rush in December doesn't appeal to me so I'll need to my grove on to miss the mad rush.
Blogmas. So I have intentions of participating in Blogmas this year. As I write this very post, I'm mentally prepping myself with ideas for each day so I don't run out of things to post within the first week. Fingers crossed I see out the duration of my first Blogmas!
Christmas celebrations. Chloe, Rosie, Tasmin and I are in the midst of organising our group Christmas meal. We're currently thinking about combining our Christmas meal with our New Years meal this year as we normally go out for one or the other. Lauren, Lulu and I also have a meal booked for the Tuesday before Christmas for our group celebration. On Christmas Day, the current plan is for Josh and I to join my mum and stepdad for Christmas lunch before heading off to see the rest of the family during the afternoon. Of course there's also the work Christmas parties coming up. Josh and I will be attending his works Christmas party the day after my birthday; of course, I'm not going to complain about getting free food and drinks to celebrate both Christmas and my birthday! While I work two jobs, I'll only be going to one this year as my part time job has organised their Christmas party for the day of my birthday and of course, I'd much rather spend my actual birthday celebrating purely that rather than Christmas. However, my full time jobs Christmas party is the first weekend of December.
That's all I can think of for my upcoming plans. Do you have much planned? Let me know in the comments!
Charlotte.

Comments
Post a Comment