Wandering Thoughts
Photos of pretty places pop up on my Twitter and Instagram feeds and a sudden urge to spontaneously book a flight there takes over. I then proceed to think about where I'd go next, and then after that, and then I'd just see where my wanderlust would take me. Obviously, in this little scenario, if you've gotten as far as mentally planning your journey, you also have to take into account how long you'd want to spend in each city/country you visit and how long you intend on being away from home.
Sarah at Daydreams Of Summertime has visited so many places over the past few years on short breaks but her photos always seem to make me want to hop on a plane and see both the alternative parts as well as the must see places. Her post about the Top Ten Things To Do In New York has helped shape my own upcoming trip to the Big Apple this summer and her posts about her US Road Trip are a huge contributing factor to my desire to see the West Coast of America.
![]() |
| Source |
America as a whole is probably top of my list of places I want to see at some point in my life. In the past, I've also looked at driving around Europe. While that is something I'd still like to do at some point, I probably wouldn't drive.
Granted, the thought of upping and going at the drop of a hat comes few and far between. I can easily spend a whole evening just browsing the internet, looking at the different places I would love to see and visit. But then I suddenly remember that I have do still have commitments in Guernsey.
There's also the worry of not being able to secure another job upon return. I know I'd spend the end of my travels worrying about job prospects; lining up interviews, and would spend time job hunting rather than enjoying myself. I would be to busy worrying about what would happen when it's all over, worrying about not having a roof over my head or a job to come back to.
I know that so many people have gone off traveling and returned home to find a job and a permanent place to live. For me, the prospect of not having a job lined up and a home to come back to would be too unnerving for me. I would also want to ensure I was able to fund my travels prior to leaving but still have a float set aside for my return to ensure that I could get by until I found myself a secure job.
There are many reasons why I know that my fantasy of packing my bags and going travelling is something from dreamland. Just because I wouldn't go travelling, doesn't mean I won't see the places that have me wanting to jet off. I can still take holidays and see the places in the beautiful photos that fill my social media feeds.
Charlotte.



Comments
Post a Comment