101 in 1001: Take up a hobby

As part of my 101 in 1001 I wanted to take up a hobby.


In recent months, I've taken up climbing. Here in Guernsey. we have a choice of two walls to climb; one of the local schools  has a climbing wall, as does the main scout hall. Out of the two, I do prefer climbing at the scout hall, as the routes are a bit higher and I did a fair amount of climbing at the school when I was younger.

The climbing club are such a sociable bunch, which has made going on a semi regular basis a whole lot easier. After each session, a group of us tend to head down to the pub. We're a drinking club with a climbing problem, as they often say.

However, now that the indoor season has come to an end, I'm considering taking up outdoor climbing. While I have never climbed outdoors before, it's something I'd definitely like to try, even if I only go a couple of times before deciding it's not for me. I wasn't sure if indoor climbing would be something I enjoy, but after a few times going, I fell in love with the sport. So maybe I'll be the same with outside climbing.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts