Best Bits: October 2018

October has been fairly mixed. It started off very busy, faded into a quiet schedule and now things are set to pick up a little. On a whole, I've felt a whole lot happier throughout the month compared to September.


October has bought more certainty to my daily wardrobe choices. I've left the house everyday confident that I wont be too hot or cold throughout the day. I've even worn my scarf a couple of times and managed an evening out wearing my winter coat.

Germany. James and I started off our month in Germany. I was a little worried about the language barrier but I needn't have worried as we were able by to get by. It's embarrassing how lazy we are as a nation when non English speaking countries can speak at least two languages almost fluently and those whose first language is English, barely speak a word of any other language.

Oktoberfest. What an amazing festival! James and I cant wait to book another trip back in the future. The festival grounds are massive and are filled with fairground rides, food and drinks stands, novelty stands, public toilets, and LOTS of beers tents and gardens. We spent two full days and an evening at Oktoberfest. We arrived by 10:30am and found a beer garden to sit in for a few hours before heading off for a stroll, food and more beer. I actually found a stall that were selling turkey hats and just had to get one. It's a novelty item that I'll be bring out every December for Christmas. We actually ended up sharing a table with other people every time we were seated and everyone was super friendly and made conversation. So many people speak English which was handy for us, but also embarrassing how lazy English speakers are.



Austria. While in Germany, James and I decided to take a little day trip to Innsbruck, Austria. While we feel we saw all that we wanted to by lunchtime, we had a lovely day there. We took a stroll around the town, sat overlooking the river, spent a couple of hours late afternoon/early evening in a log cabin café where we had some drinks and a small dinner (we had a rather large lunch at Hard Rock Café). We also headed to another small town on of Austria, called Kufstein, for lunch and an afternoon. Kufstein is such a pretty little town. So quiet and seemed quite old fashioned. We grabbed some food in a little café before spending the afternoon exploring the grounds of Kufstein Fortress. As we had about on hour before our train, we decided to get some snacks and just watch the world go by.




Dinner catch up. Emma came round for dinner earlier in the month. We caught up over pasta, and finished with a movie and a couple of episodes of Friday Night Dinner. Its not quite as funny as we expected it to be really, more cringe than anything.





Cocktailfest. James and I headed out for dinner and drinks mid month with Emma and her boyfriend. We ended up at a pizzeria not even 5 minutes walking distance from ours which is soon to close. As it was the first time that all but James had been to the restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. We were served pretty quickly and our pizzas were lovely. The food is a little pricey compared to other pizzerias but fine for a one off. After dinner, we headed to Laksa for cocktails. The bar was dead, we were the only people in there for about half an hour until eventually, three other tables were filled by the time we left at 11. I haven't laughed as much as I did that night in such a long time and I was in a surprisingly good mood the next day despite the late night.

Pamper night. Last week, James headed out to play some sports which meant I had the flat to myself. While I was due to go climbing, I didn't feel up to going out so I decided an evening at home alone was exactly what I needed. I was coming down with the dreaded cold that has been doing the rounds recently so was lacking energy. I smothered my face with a facemask, took some snacks to the sofa and watched How To Be Single. I also managed to finish off some of my skin products that have been almost empty for what seems like ages.

Halloween. With living in an apartment block, we knew we'd be incredibly unlikely to get any trick or treaters which we were pretty happy about. To ensure the unlikelihood of trick or treaters to an absolute minimum, James and I kept the lights off, or on low and we spent the evening at home watching TV and having a quiet and lazy night in.

Is it bad that I've been thinking about Christmas recently? I've already planned my Christmas shopping trips and plan to be mostly done by early December. I prefer to get my present shopping done early so, if I need to shop online, then things will arrive in plenty of time.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts