Best Bits: July '15

So this is the first of my new monthly blog series, 'Best Bits', which, from now onwards, will replace my 'five weekly positives' that I was putting to shame really with my inability to press 'publish' every Sunday evening.

I took three attempts (all of which were this month) to complete a week without chocolate. Third time worked a charm as I found it much easier that time round, what with only having the one chocolate craving.

My work had their company Conference Day on the 10th. It was super fun! There was a BBQ, bouncy castles (one gave me friction burn on my elbow!), booze, Pitch 'n' Putt, Giant Jenga, Pétanque, a quiz ready in case the weather had changed (luckily it didn't!) and the Wimbledon on in the background. 

Chloe, Rosie and I went to watch Ted 2 at the cinema a few weeks back. It was so funny and we were the only three there!

I tried out boot camp with the ladies rugby team last week with Chloe. She's been before but it was my first time going. It was really fun but my god, it was exhausting! I could barely get up the stairs that evening, let alone get up and out of bed the following day! Despite the pain that rugby boot camp caused me, I still went back and tried full contact rugby. As you can imagine, this caused me even more pain. I was expecting to go into work the next day with two black eyes, a broken nose and fractured bones - obviously that wasn't quite the outcome but I did end up with bruises. Plus, I really enjoyed it and all of the team were so nice and friendly!

I have been for some lovely meals out and at this month. The past two Friday's, Mel (from work) and I have been for lunch. Last week we went to the Ship and Crown (a pub that also does food, clearly) and only got some chips (as shown in photo below) as we wanted something to keep us warm in the rainy weather we had. Today we went to the Terrace for some duck spring rolls, which, unfortunately, they didn't have, so instead we settled for vegetable spring rolls. These were good, but duck would have been preferable. I have also been eating more salads and have made some dishes with Tom.


So this is the best I've got for this month. August is upon us already! Hasn't the year gone quick so far? It'll be Christmas before we know it!

Charlotte 

Comments

Popular Posts