Best bits: October '15

Let me start off by saying HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! 🎃 How has your October been? Can you believe we are now less than two months until Christmas?! I have now done the majority of my Christmas shopping! Anyway, let's move onto the best bits of October 2015.

I got another hair cut. It's only the second haircut I've had this year but it was definitely needed - so much hair was taken off, as you'd expect after not getting it cut since April earlier this year! It feels so much healthier since having three inches cut off the ends!

Holiday. I am currently in the UK visiting Tasmin at uni. Her birthday was a few days before I arrived so of course I had to bring over her presents from myself, Chloe and Rosie. We posted her cards to her mid month so she'd get them in tim for her birthday. I'm pretty excited to be spending Halloween weekend at university! It's probably the only uni experience I'll ever have which I guess will always be a nice memory to have. It's been great to catch up with Tas so far and meet some of her uni friends!

I have had some lovely catch ups with Sj this month. She has come to mine and we just chatted about what we've been up to and watched abit of TV and just generally had a great little catch up! It had been so long since we had seen each so it was definitely needed! We have also been out for a tennerfest and gone on a couple of drives and we have even signed up to do the Santa fun run in December.


We got our Christmas Party invitations for my full time job this month. The invites had so much thought and effort put into them and are actually a really nice touch. Apparently, during other years they've just had an email sent round about it. I was looking at getting a lovely blue, strapless dress for it but the dress code is black and gold so luckily I didn't get the blue dress as its now not an option. I have a pair of black and gold heels I plan on wearing so now I just need to find the dress!

I have made more of an effort to visit my gran over the weekends this month. I love going to hers! I normally only plan on going for an hour, just long enough for us to have a gossip over chocolate, cookies and biscuits but then I normally end up staying for nearer two hours before realising she's about to go for a walk with the dogs which I tend to join her on. She has two little Yorkies - Penny and Buttons - who have so much energy! They're both very sweet - when I arrive, they both race to the door and see who can fling themselves at me first! Penny always loves it when I pick her up and let her cuddle into me. Buttons is the complete opposite, always comes for a quick hug before going back to his mum.



I managed to get some more of my Christmas shopping done. I did the majority of it in September but there was a few family members who I was struggling to come with ideas for. I mean, there's still the odd item. Here and there that I need to get, but I know what I'm getting and I just need to wait for the Christmas deals to kick in.

Tennerfests. October is th month of Tennerfests here in Guernsey. Many restaurants put on a set menu for all of October and the beginning of November for a tenner. Well, it's meant to £10 but I can't actually name a restaurant that only charges £10 - it's mostly £12.50 to £17.50... The first one I went on this month was with Sj (full post here) then I went on a second one with Chloe and Rosie earlier this week.


As I mentioned in my chitchat post a couple weeks back, I have got my new car and I love it! The clutch is a little higher than in my previous car but it didn't take long to adjust to. 

So that's pretty much it as far as I can remember for October. Enjoy your November!

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts