101 in 1001: Have an ultimate Mario marathon

Chloe was just as excited about an ultimate Mario marathon as I was. She was more than happy to host it for her birthday celebration, especially seeing as she has so many Mario games.


I know I'm particularly late in writing this post, considering we had our Mario Marathon last weekend. It was a mini marathon as we only played three games. We do, however, intend to have another marathon later on this year or early next year when Tasmin visits from uni.

Our evening kick started with take away pizzas - we opted for our usual pepperoni, Hawaiian and margarita pizza's from a nearby restaurant - over a good old gossip. After we'd eaten, Chloe opened her pressies. Her birthday was actually two weeks prior but this was the first chance we'd all had to meet up and celebrate properly.


We began our Mario Marathon with Mario Kart 8 for Wii U. We had quite a few races on this game before Rosie got to confident and we decided to put an end to it and move on Mario Karts on the Wii.


Things went back to normal on this game as Rosie stopped telling us how 'badly' we were supposedly doing and starting screaming and swearing at the game just as much as the rest of us, if not more. Mario Karts is definitely the game that brings out your true colours when you start to consistently loss! How we've never had complaints about our noise when we've been playing Mario Karts from our neighbours really is beyond me!


The group of photos above are a few shots of our results from the many rounds of Mario Karts we ended playing. We played four Versus rounds - effectively 12 individual races. Out of those rounds, I scorded a first, a second and a third. 

I feel now is probably a good time to explain the need to include the star stickers in the photo at the top. As part of Chloe's birthday present, I got her a sheet of stickers as a joke because of a story she was telling about an embarrassing meal that her grandparents had treated her to and how they basically told the waiting staff that she's a big girl now. Needless to say, I was crying with laughter when she told us that. 


Chloe decided to use her stickers as rewards during Mario Karts. You'd get a gold star for coming first, silver for second, red (we improvised and used red as bronze) for third, then green and blue were the efforts stickers. I got to the point where I scored myself a gold, silver and a 'bronze' and decided that I'd use my glasses as if they were an Olympic Podium and stick each star in its rightful place. I even pushed for an efforts sticker which went on my nose until I remembered it was there when I got home. Can you imagine if I'd been pulled over with stickers on my glasses and my nose? The looks I've have received!


After the four rounds of Mario Karts, we moved onto Super Mario Brothers. Effectively, we ruined our friendship with Mario Kart 8 and Mario Karts, only to rebuild it with Super Mario Brothers! Haha. We even managed to help Chloe unlock a new world and I may have accidentally lost a fair few of Chloe's hard earned lives in the process. Oops! 

Chloe and I both thoroughly enjoyed the evening - hopefully Rosie and Tasmin did also - that we have decided that when Tasmin is next over, we will have another Ultimate Mario Marathon as early on in Tasmins trip as we can and next time we aim to include more Mario games in our Mario Marathon. 

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts