101 in 1001: Spend an afternoon alone in a cafe
Earlier this week, I had a day off. Tuesday, to be exact. It's the only day off I'll have off - apart from one Sunday next week - for the whole month so I thought I'd actually get myself out of the house and find a cafe with some wifi. An engineer still hasn't been to install our own broadband at home yet!
So Tuesday morning - I give you a quick overview of how that went; I caught up on some sleep, faffed around with some little bits that needed doing around the house and headed off to the gym.
After I'd finished my session, I made my way down to a cafe not far from the gym called Muse. Discovering new restaurants and cafes in Guernsey in on my '101 in 1001' so as Muse is a new find for me, I'll tell you more about the cafe itself in that post.
I began my afternoon with a cup of peppermint tea. The teapot held just enough tea for two cups full and came with a nice little biscuits.
Because I arrived just after lunch and hadn't eaten anything yet, I opted for a delicious chicken, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich with some fries. Let me tell you now, the portions at Muse are huge! I'd never have expected that much food! The sandwich had three layers of toasted bread! And that sandwich as a whole! Wow, it tastes so good!
After all food was demolished, and because we currently don't have wifi at home, I turned to my iPad to surf the Internet. I also caught up on reading some blogs and then opened up Netflix. Pretty Little Liars and Jayne The Virgin were the two shows that made it into my little catch up session.
So that was how my afternoon alone in a cafe was spent. I actually enjoyed my own company for that length of time a lot more than anticipated. You see, working six days a week between two jobs means that I don't get as much time to myself as I'd like, what with fitting in some sort of social life and keeping the house clean and all of what comes along with adulting. I will, however, definitely be making more time for little afternoons like this.
Charlotte.


Comments
Post a Comment