Best Bits: February 2017

Merry February to you all. I hope you have all been well his month and haven't been plagued with this cold that has swarmed Guernsey. When I sat to write this post, I was pleasantly surprised with how much I've done throughout the month. My lunch dates have been weekly, as my catch ups with Sj have also been. Phone calls to my mum and step dad as well as Jamie have regular and I've seen a whole lot more of my auntie and my Gran. So now let's begin with my top highlights of the month that is February.

Pizza night. Chloe, Rosie and Lulu came round for pizza on the first Friday of the month. As Josh wanted pizza as well and Sj was due to join us (before she was struck ill), I had ordered five pizzas and couldn't cancel a pizza as it was too close to pick up. So yeah, we all had one whole pizza each... After our pizzas, we sat down to watch the Bridget Jones box set.

Quiz night. Sj invited myself, Chloe and Rosie to a quiz night along with one of her friends. We began the evening with pizza at Sj's (that's two weeks following that Chloe, Rosie and I had pizza on a Friday) before heading down for the quiz. There were four rounds plus food (they went to the chippy for everyone!), games, and a race to another pub for a shot and back in a pair of pants each team decorated earlier in the evening. Despite none of us really wanting to go out, we all thoroughly enjoyed the event. Even if it did overrun by an hour!

Excuse the blurry phone photo

Bridget Jones marathon. While we started watching it on our pizza night, we didn't get through the three movies. To make up for it, Chloe had Rosie and I round last Friday to finish it. I can quite happily announce that we did it! We finished the trilogy!

Birthdays. My Gran and Josh both celebrated their birthdays this month. Only a day apart and over one weekend. I booked the Saturday off for my Grans and we joined my family for lunch at a restaurant just around the corner from my Gran's. For Josh's birthday, we didn't do a lot other than relaxing. He wasn't all too fussed about celebrating so was more than happy with being left to carry on as per usual. Although, we did get ourselves a Kiev pizza from a nearby takeaway restaurant!

Gym. Finally! I made it back! And I am super duper happy about it! I never realised just how much I actually missed being in the gym working out rather than working. It really is my happy place!

Puppy time. Catherine invited me round for a catch up. She was looking after some puppies so I got in some cuddles with the little cuties! When we weren't showering the dogs with love and attention, we spent the rest of te evening demolishing Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream and chatting away. I mean, let's be honest, how can you open Ben and Jerry's without finishing the tub?!

Reading. That's right, you did read that correctly. Reading has made it onto my best bits post! I borrowed a bunch of books from mum over a year ago, bundled with a plan to read them last summer but never got around to it in the end. This month, I started reading '50 ways to find a lover'.

Sunday Lunch. My mum and Stepdad had my Gran and I round for Sunday lunch. This was my first Sunday lunch of the year. After lunch, I joined my gran for a walk along the beach with her dogs.

Blogging. I took a small step towards getting into blogging more regularly. Other than my usual monthly best bits posts, I whipped up an instalment in On The Horizon and I even shared this post about getting 'me' back.

So that's pretty much it for February. I'm still waiting on snow. Maybe March will bless us with some...

Charlotte

Comments

Popular Posts