Best Bits: March 2017

Happy March everyone! March officially marks the start of Spring and I can confirm that here in Guernsey, we are still waiting for spring to properly roll in. However, the shops bringing in the chocolate eggs have brightened up my shopping trips. Oh, the temptation to buy a different egg each time I enter a food shop!

Chinese night. Rosie had Chloe and I round for Chinese food earlier this month. We made a start on watching Gossip Girls. Now made it onto season 3, episode 5. It was perfect timing for really, considering I'd finished Gilmore Girls and A Year In The Life only the day before.

Catch up. Cat and I had a belated catch up. We also discussed our holiday plans for later on this year. We're planning a long weekend to London mid September as I'm wanting to go to Friendsfest. We ended the evening with a trip to the cinema to watch Beauty and The Beast which was a lot better than I was expecting. Definitely worth a watch, even if you're not too sure - I wasn't too fussed about seeing it but I did actually enjoy it.

Work outing. One of my now ex-colleagues organised a meal and a trip to the pub in order to celebrate his last day. It was nice to mix with people I don't normal work with on a day to day basis and to say goodbye to my work husband, haha.

Holiday. I booked three days off of work earlier this month. Needless to say it was long overdue as I was shattered. I still felt a bit drained and, in all honesty, I should have booked a little longer off to fully relax. I didn't get to do every I wanted, but hey, it was still great to have some time to myself. I spent those three days with my gran and finished watching all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls plus Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life. Please tell me there's going to be a follow on to A Year In The Life?!

Weekending with Sj. Sj and I seem to have started our own little weekend tradition of chilling at mine and a ton of food! However, last weekend we decided to mix it up slightly with a kareoke session at mine.



Monday replacement. My Monday replacement links in tightly with my weekending with Sj. Last weekend didn't follow our usual suit and we only saw each other for a brief 10 minutes when she gave me a lift home. To make up for this, she came round on Monday just gone. We began with a quick, unintentional drive before popping to the shop for snacks ready for 'date night' - we had planned on going for milkshakes but everywhere seemed to be closed! We headed back to mine with caramel nibbles and a chocolate trifle, ate over a good old gossip and then we stuck on some music and had a dance. We actually spent a solid hour dancing away to some classics! High School Musical to Busted, S Club to Pink, Sam Smith to Adele, and so on. Though exhausted, I was in such a good mood afterwards!

Gym. Ahhh! Do you realise how much happier I am for actually getting back into the swing of things with my sessions?! I've actually stuck to going a couple of times a week as well!

That's it's for me with the month of March. Have you got any plans for Easter?

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts