101 in 1001: Attend a cocktail making session
For my 21st, I organised a master class in cocktail making at a local bar; Laska. Not only was it on my 101 in 1001 list, it was something different to try that we wouldn't normally do on a somewhat regular basis. And y'know what, it was so much fun!
We began our a master class at 4pm and were greeted by smiling staff who handed us all a glass of prosecco upon arrival which was included in the overall price of the session. You can pick 3 cocktails - or mock tails for those not on the drink - from one of their three cocktail packages; Platinum, Gold or Silver.
Each session is two to three hours in length, depending on the size of your group. We spent about two and a half hours on our master class and stayed for a further half an hour sipping our final cocktail, chatting and laughing.
|
| 1- Bramble | 2- Bootylicious | 3- Raspberry Cosmopolitan |
As we opted for the Silver package, we narrowed down our three cocktail choices to the Bramble, the Bootylicious and the Cosmopolitan. When I say 'we', I mean me - I made an executive decision on behalf of the group when booking our slot. As we were knocking back our prosecco, the staff ran us through the plan of action for the evening and they gave us the option to make a normal Cosmo or a raspberry Cosmo. As a group, we decided we'd go for the raspberry Cosmo to add a little more flavour.
I can't fault the staff; they were all so happy and helpful throughout the evening. They were on hand to help with making our cocktails after their demonstration and they also took dozens of photos on multiple phones throughout the evening. They even took selfies and photo bombed our photos. We were still able to take our time in finishing our master class without feeling like we were being rushed when the general public began to arrive.
All in all, the cocktail making session was a hit and I would definitely do it again in the future and try some of the other cocktails they have on offer. It was a good night out.
Charlotte.

Comments
Post a Comment