21st Birthday Celebrations
Over the weekend just gone, I turned 21. I love birthdays, so you can imagine what I was like while celebrating a 'big birthday'.
My working week was short and sweet. I went in for two and a half days and won't be back in the office until Friday this week. I arrived at work on Wednesday to find my team had decorated my desk with sequins, chocolate and a balloon. The girls that were also in early sang Happy Birthday when I walked in. It was lovely and I certainly wasn't expecting it.
I started the day at home with my gran. It was a fairly normal start to the day for us - breakfast in front of the telly. I wasn't feeling particularly great that morning; I had been out until gone midnight the night before (not drinking) and hadn't slept very well that night so took it easy that morning. My auntie arrived and went off with my Gran to walk the dogs so I got myself scrubbed up and headed to my mums. We caught up with my step dads mum and she did my hair for me before my step dad came home around midday.
I made sure I was home before 1 so that James and I could have a quick bite to eat before we made our way into town. Rosie and Sj and met us at Coco. Originally, I was planning on us all going to Muse. During the summer they offered unlimited prosecco, mimosa or something else for an hour and a half at an incredibly reasonable price of £10 but it was only a summer offer.
With Coco being closer to Laska for cocktail making, I decided it was the better choice. We spent just under 2 hours there chatting. We shared some chips and had a few drinks.
Come 4pm, it was time to head off to Laska to make some cocktails. Chloe and my step sisters joined us at Laska for our master class. The event consisted of making 3 cocktails per person which took us just over two hours as a group. Our drinks of choice were the Bootylicious, the Bramble and the Cosmopolitan. We all had to make the same drinks. I'll be sharing a separate post on the cocktail making soon.
I had a table booked at La Perla booked for myself, James, Chloe, Rosie and Sj. My step sisters had to get home to relieve their baby sitters so didn't join for the food. La Perla never fails to disappoint, even at £12.50 for 3 courses! We opted for the Christmas menu as they provide crackers and poppers for the table and offered more Vegetarian options for Chloe.
We were all pretty tired by this point so we headed back to our hotel. Rosie went off to her works Christmas party while Chloe and Sj waited for their lifts at the hotel. James and I were pretty lucky with our room. The view of harbour would have been nicer if it wasn't raining the next morning. The staff we happy for us to stay past check out which James was pretty happy with. Despite drinking half the amount that I did, he woke up with a hangover while I was feeling fine.
As for the rest of the day, we spent a couple of hours sat in front of the TV with my gran. I had promised my friends cake so popped round to deliver them their slices. We then spent the rest of the evening at James' house with his mum, sister, brother-in-law and their dog. After his sister and brother-in-law took the dog home, James and I went and picked up a Chinese for dinner. We did start watching Netflix but ended up taking a two hour nap instead.
So that's pretty much how I spent my birthday. I had such an amazing weekend! Can I turn 21 every weekend please?
Charlotte.
Comments
Post a Comment