Best Bits: February 2018
My oh my, February turned out to be a busy time for a short little month. Time just flew and it seems like so much has happened.
Work. I started a new job middle of last year and found out that I finally passed my probation at the very start of the month. It's a huge relief to finally be settled in a role.
Birthdays. James, my gran and my neice all had their birthdays this month. My gran isn't one for making a fuss on occasions but was happy when we took her to lunch. As for James birthday, we went to The Longfrie at the beginning of the week with his family and The Pickled Pig with his friends over the weekend. The day after his birthday is the day we celebrated together, by going to Les Douvres as they are currently running an offer which we just couldn't refuse: unlimited pizza and prosecco for an hour and a half. We ordered our first pizzas straight away with the intention that we could still manage a second towards the end of our time. I'm disappointed to share that I didn't manage the second pizza, and couldn't even help make a dent in the pizza James and I ordered to share. The prosecco was where we got our money worth; getting through two bottles during the hour and a half. Oops, sorry not sorry. To celebrate my nieces birthday, we had a family dinner on the evening of her birthday with, of course, chocolate cake which followed the main course nicely.
Holidays. I decided to repeat this from last month as, at that point, we had only booked one of two holidays. Now, I am even more excited to announce our second trip of the year is now all booked and planned. Read more here.
Catch ups. Sj and I caught up over Chinese New Year. We ate Chinese food, had a pamper evening and played Mario Kart while catching up on all the goss.
Progress update. Remember last year when I shared this post about getting me back? Well, I shared that post a full year ago so I thought I'd do a 'one year later' post following on from it. In short, I feel like I'm back on the right track and much like my old, happy self.
Snow. Guernsey has been coated in snow for the last two days which was made a wonderful change. However, the whole island basically comes to a standstill when it snows. We don't get snow often here in Guernsey and this has been the first bout for 5 years. We have one more forecasted day of The Beast From The East before we're due to resume as normal. It's just been beautiful though! I haven't used my car since Monday, which is when the snow first began falling in the evening and I got to experience driving in snowy conditions.
I think I'll need a fairly quiet month in March. My bank account is crying out for a rest as well after paying for two holidays, haha!
Charlotte.
Work. I started a new job middle of last year and found out that I finally passed my probation at the very start of the month. It's a huge relief to finally be settled in a role.
Birthdays. James, my gran and my neice all had their birthdays this month. My gran isn't one for making a fuss on occasions but was happy when we took her to lunch. As for James birthday, we went to The Longfrie at the beginning of the week with his family and The Pickled Pig with his friends over the weekend. The day after his birthday is the day we celebrated together, by going to Les Douvres as they are currently running an offer which we just couldn't refuse: unlimited pizza and prosecco for an hour and a half. We ordered our first pizzas straight away with the intention that we could still manage a second towards the end of our time. I'm disappointed to share that I didn't manage the second pizza, and couldn't even help make a dent in the pizza James and I ordered to share. The prosecco was where we got our money worth; getting through two bottles during the hour and a half. Oops, sorry not sorry. To celebrate my nieces birthday, we had a family dinner on the evening of her birthday with, of course, chocolate cake which followed the main course nicely.
Holidays. I decided to repeat this from last month as, at that point, we had only booked one of two holidays. Now, I am even more excited to announce our second trip of the year is now all booked and planned. Read more here.
Catch ups. Sj and I caught up over Chinese New Year. We ate Chinese food, had a pamper evening and played Mario Kart while catching up on all the goss.
Progress update. Remember last year when I shared this post about getting me back? Well, I shared that post a full year ago so I thought I'd do a 'one year later' post following on from it. In short, I feel like I'm back on the right track and much like my old, happy self.
Snow. Guernsey has been coated in snow for the last two days which was made a wonderful change. However, the whole island basically comes to a standstill when it snows. We don't get snow often here in Guernsey and this has been the first bout for 5 years. We have one more forecasted day of The Beast From The East before we're due to resume as normal. It's just been beautiful though! I haven't used my car since Monday, which is when the snow first began falling in the evening and I got to experience driving in snowy conditions.
I think I'll need a fairly quiet month in March. My bank account is crying out for a rest as well after paying for two holidays, haha!
Charlotte.
Comments
Post a Comment