Best Bits: January 2018

It's safe to say I'm feeling pretty good about 2018. While I haven't felt the full force of the January Blues, I have spent what feels like most of the month suffering with the rounds of illness that struck. I just could not shift my cough for over 3 weeks! Let's move onto the monthly highlights.



Belated New Year. Chloe and I tend to spend New Years Eve together and celebrate the New Year with a take away, games, TV and finishing off with the fireworks on the telly at midnight. This year, she spent actual New Years Eve with her family and I spent it with James, both with Chinese and the telly. For our belated celebration, we got a Chinese (twice in less than a week and I'm not even sorry) and then continued to watch a couple of shows from our to watch list (Blue Mountain State and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend were the two picks of the night).

Back to normality. Over Christmas, my general weekly routine of working everyday got turned upside down. The office was working on reduced hours and I ended up starting at different times each day. Being back into my normal working routine has been nice and I've also been to commit to more social outings.

Belated birthday celebration. I treated Lulu to dinner for her birthday earlier this month. We headed to Villa and had a lovely natter.

Holiday prep. James and I finally managed to book our holidays for the coming year. We've booked a trip to America in the summer and are planning a trip to Germany in the autumn. While I would have liked to have been able to fit another holiday or two into the year, unfortunately we're not rich and we wouldn't have enough annual leave to be able to warrant doing any more trips. Post coming soon.

Netflix. James and I finished watching How I Met Your Mother at the beginning of the month. I remember when the show aired on TV a few years ago that there was quite a fuss about how he show ended. Neither James nor I were disappointed with how it ended. We expected there to be a twist at the end, and had guessed half way through the last season that Ted's wife would die. I guess it was kind of obvious from there that Ted and Robin would give things another go. I also finished watching Gossip Girl. You can read all about my thoughts here. My biggest shock from GG was finding out that Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass) is actually English.

Baking. In comparison with recent months, James and I have a decent amount of baking this month. We made some Terry's Chocolate Orange cupcakes, a batch of cookies which we then coated in chocolate orange butter icing (because we had too much butter icing leftover and didn't want to waste it) and some salted caramel thumb cookies. The salted caramel thumb cookies were made from those packets where you 'just add water' and we weren't all that impressed. They tasted fine, however, the box didn't include all that it was meant to so some of the cookies were pretty plain. Posts to come soon.

January seems to have dragged on for such a long time and nothing particularly interesting has happened. I'm hoping to have a more productive February and I have a feeling it'll fly by in comparison.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts