101 in 1001: Try Zumba

A sponsored post on Facebook is the main reason for me being able to tick off Zumba from the 101 in 1001 list.

Back in the day, before the responsibilities of adulting, I used to do street dance with one of the ladies who worked for the local radio station, who also ran Zumba classes. Back then, Zumba wasn't something I even considered trying; attending street dance classes was enough for me at the time. I was a lazy teen - I guess not much has changed? She's now running her street dance and Zumba classes full time as her own business and seems to be doing so well for herself.

When the sponsored post appeared on my Facebook feed advertising the new six week course, I decided that if I didn't sign myself up there and then, then I'd probably never give Zumba a try. The classes are run twice a week and you can either pay as you go, or pay for one or two classes a week.

I opted for one session a week, as you're able to attend two sessions in a week if you're unable to make one of the six weeks. As James and I were off island for the last two weeks of the course, I decided to do one session on the first week, both session for the second and third week, and then one session on my final week.

It wasn't until my third session of Zumba that I began to warm to it. If I had opted for the pay as you go option, then I don't think I would have gone back again after the first session. The second half of the course was more enjoyable. Whether I'll go back, I'm still undecided. But at least I've done it once!

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts