Best Bits: June 2018
I have spent pretty much the whole of this month in holiday mode now. I've spent more hours than I'd care to admit staring at Google Maps planning where I'll having my meals in America. I know, I've been too excited about this holiday. I apologise now for the amount of USA posts coming your way over the next couple of months.
Revisiting old habits. Scott and I started the month off with a High School Musical sign along while driving around the island. Milkshakes were, of course, a necessity for our drive. Although the new recyclable paper straws are a pain - I had to throw mine away because it was unusable not even half way through my milkshake! We've been saying for two years awhile that we must do a High School Musical marathon but haven't gotten around to it yet. It was the plan for that evening but we couldn't find the DVDs anywhere so decided that going for a drive while listening to the HSM soundtrack was the next best thing. It wasn't until we got back to mine and were half way through an episode on Netflix that we saw the DVDs sat in the DVD shelf. We just don't know how we missed it the first time!
Shopping Spree. James and I headed into one Saturday early on in the month for a little shopping spree. After not having much luck with my online purchases throughout May, I decided having a mooch through the shops in town was the better option as I would be able to try things on and get the correct size. Second time lucky, I guess as we went home with four shopping bags FULL of clothes. Not all of it was for me - James also broke the bank a little. Half way through our little trip to the shops, we stopped off for an iced chocolate at our local, The Cornish Bakery. They remember our order every time we go.
Catch up. I finally caught up with Lauren and Lulu this month. We haven't seen Lauren since last year due to constantly having to rearrange our catch ups but it was nice to finally have a grand tour of her new house. We also heard all about her wedding plans while discussing the excitement of upcoming holidays for Lulu and I. Chloe and Rosie came round to mine for a lovely catch up. We watched had Bad Moms on in the background while we chatted the evening away.
Weather. The weather has just been bliss this month! While we did have a few days one week whether it was a little dull, I managed to get James and I out of the house for a few evening adventures to enjoy the views.
Pamper afternoon. With the holiday coming up, I decided to treat myself to an afternoon off from work to have a little pamper. I went and got my hair done by a hairdresser who doesn't wipe his nose on the back of his hand before putting said hand through your hair and spent the evening relaxing in front the TV. I spent the remainder of the afternoon ensuring; I had music and movies downloaded on my iPad, my camera showed full battery, my SD card had plenty of space, we had our passports and other documents ready. I really am Monica from Friends... I also popped into my mums to borrow her suitcase and caught up with my gran.
Adventures. Chloe and Rosie found a rope swing in a nice little area on one of their cycle rides so the three of us went for a walk around the area. We all know I won't be getting back on a push bike for a very long time. It was a good opportunity for me to get my camera out and take some more photos. Going for walks is also a new activity that the three seem to enjoy and can do together, rather than sitting inside in front of the TV like we would normally do. Netflix, so long for now - we will see you again during the colder months.
Adventures. Chloe and Rosie found a rope swing in a nice little area on one of their cycle rides so the three of us went for a walk around the area. We all know I won't be getting back on a push bike for a very long time. It was a good opportunity for me to get my camera out and take some more photos. Going for walks is also a new activity that the three seem to enjoy and can do together, rather than sitting inside in front of the TV like we would normally do. Netflix, so long for now - we will see you again during the colder months.
Harbour Carnival. The Harbour Carnival takes place along the seafront, in one of the harbours marinas every year duriung the summer. The town seafront gets closed off for the evening while stalls are set up along with food and drinks stalls and events take place in the marina. I don't normally go to the Harbour Carnival but this year I decided I'd tag along with the climbing ladies and take part in one of the events. We entered a team into the Ladies Dinghy Race which was better than I was expecting. Read more here.
Zumba. I gave Zumba a go this month. I signed myself up to a six week course on a spur of the moment whim. You can read more here.
Jetting off. Obviously I had to end with the fact that James and I flew off island on Friday and we're probably waiting to get through customs in Miami as I scheduled this post to publish at 6pm BST.
Charlotte.
Comments
Post a Comment