Best Bits: July 2018

This month has been absolutely incredible! So many emotions, mostly happiness. I feel like I've done so much. While I've shared some blog posts about the months happenings. I've still got some more to finish writing and share with you. While I've been busy, I feel my blog reflects that aspect for my life this month. I'm so glad that I've been able to document so much, ready to look back at in the future.

Holiday. James and I started the month of July in America. I have wanted to visit the States for years so to finally fly over was just brilliant. We started off with a week in Miami then a week in New York. New York is just my favourite place and it was everything I thought it would be. I was already mentally planning my next trip there on the plane home! Without over sharing, I'll be touching upon what we did later on in this post.


4th of July. While we were in Miami, we were able to celebrate Independence Day with American spirit. We stayed in an apartment in Downtown Miami, we had a lovely view of the main boat port as well as most districts within Miami (you could even see the AA Arena and the ‘Bayside’ sign clearly from our balcony, not that any of the photos I took did the views any justice) so we spent the evening back at the apartment watching all of the fireworks displays. We were able to 5 different displays from where we were, as well as a mini storm!

Lion King. James and I watched The Lion King in Broadway while we were in New York. While a Broadway show is on my 101 in 1001 list, I won’t go into too much detail yet but I will say it was incredible!

Beach. While in Miami, James and I spent a few days at the beach. It was bliss. The water was super warm and we ended up spending about an hour at a time in the sea before drying off within minutes because of the heat. I've also headed down to various beaches in Guernsey with my mum and stepdad but didn't fancy braving the cold Guernsey water for swims.


Exploring. Being in the States only meant we were able to explore so many areas of New York and Miami. I could easily go back in a heart beat. If only getting there wasn't so expensive... Since being home, I've already looked at going back to America to see different parts of the country. Maybe this time we'll be flown to the correct side of the country first time around - more to come on this in another post. With this being said, I've also started looking for things to do and places to explore during our time in Germany later this year. July's holiday-ing has induced a bad case of wanderlust!

Amazing views. I couldn't write this post without mentioning the views that James and I were able to witness. Top of the Rock, Empire State Building, Central Park. Even the view from the apartment we stayed in while we were in Miami provided such vast coverage of the City. The best part of the hotel in New York was the view of the Empire State Building. It was probably the only positive to come from staying there.

Mamma Mia 2. Chloe, Rosie and I went to the cinema to watch Mamma Mia 2 last weekend and it was just brilliant! We headed out for dinner afterwards at Captains.

Coming home to normality. Not that I particularly wanted to come home, I was pleased to come home to Oscar. Now, I was a little worried that Oscar could have passed while we were away but he was still going when we came back. I know what you're thinking; "he's just a hamster", but he's still a pet nonetheless, and one of the most sociable hamsters I've ever known. Also, coming home to my bed was pretty nice. Knowing it was clean and actually comfortable, and I'd be able to sleep a full night in it was great after 3 or 4 hours sleep total on an overnight flight. We assumed that we'd sleep through the whole flight back with it being an overnight flight. We didn't. But at least we then slept for over 11 hours our first night home.


British heat wave. We left hot and sunny America and arrived in hot and sunny Guernsey. It was a different kind of hot in Miami compared to here in Guernsey, but still nice to live in sunshine for longer. It rained twice at the start of the month while we were in Miami, but otherwise James and I have been lucky enough to escape the rain until this weekend just gone.

I think that's pretty much it for the month of July. July has been a busy one. I'll be sharing some 101 in 1001 posts over the coming weeks that I was able to tick off while in America.

Charlotte

Comments

Popular Posts