60 Things To Do In 2015

I actually got this idea from my friend, Tasmin, who did her '25 things to do this summer' version earlier this year.

Luckily I started coming up with ideas back in October as it took me awhile to get started with some sensible ideas that could easily be completed within a year. When I first started making the list, it was meant to be 50 things but once I'd actually gotten to 50, there were more things I wanted to add, so I upped it to 60 Things To Do. I've actually lost count of how many times I've changed the list because of ideas I've not wanted to do or things that were either too expensive or weren't logical.

So here's my list of '60 things to do in 2015':

  1. Have a girly weekend - Tasmin and I have had a girly evening before, but we've never a whole weekend so it'll be nice for us, and some others, to spend a whole weekend together doing girly things.
  2. Watch Shrek the musical - I would love to see this musical while its touring the UK during 2015 as I love all of the Shrek movies.
  3. Watch Charlie and The Chocolate Factory The Musical - I almost went to see this for my 18th but The Lion king was the preferred choice at the time, although Charlie and The Chocolate Factory was easier to get to from our hotel. 
  4. Go to a theme park - it's been years since I last went to a theme park and in Guernsey, we don't even have any theme parks.
  5. Go on the London Eye - again, it's been years since I've been on the London Eye. I think I was about 5 the last time I went on it.
  6. Go to a zoo - I love the zoo! Unfortunately, Guernsey doesn't have the right climate or enough space for a zoo. 
  7. Feed a giraffe - I love giraffes! There's a zoo in England where you can actually feed the giraffes. I am determined to find that zoo and feed a giraffe!
  8. Go to a Hard Rock Cafe - my friend went to one in Tenerife and the photos she showed us looked amazing. Everyone who has been to one has said how great they are so I'd love to go and see for myself. Guernsey also doesn't have a Hard Rock Cafe, shock.
  9. Go on a day trip to sark - Sark is a little island just off the coast of Guernsey. I've only been to sark once so it would be nice to go back for a day trip.
  10. Hire a push bike for a day - I don't actually own a bike anymore so it will be make a change to get around by push bike, even if it's just for a day. 
  11. Get fit - this is something I've been meaning to do for a while. This should be something that I could do more easily what with me working in a gym.
  12. Try rugby - I've wanted to try rugby for the last three years but have never got round to it. My friend has recently started doing rugby so I'll have someone to go with which should hopefully encourage me to actually get round to going.
  13. Try archery - during my last week of year 6, we had the opportunity to try archery and I haven't done it since. I seem to remember really enjoying it once I'd got the hang of it so its a shame it's been seven and a half years since I last did it.
  14. Do the insanity dvd - I've done a smaller course of Insanity at my work where we go to three half hour sessions a week for a four week period but I have never done the full version. The full version on the DVD is meant to be done six times a week for 45 minutes over a two month period. It will be a bit of a challenge as it's such a time demanding thing.
  15. Go to a yoga class - we offer yoga classes at my work but I have never attended a class in my six months of being there so I should get round to going.
  16. Swim in the sea everyday for a week - this is definitely going to be a summer one. I actually prefer swimming in the sea than in a swimming pool - the only thing I don't like is getting covered in sand when getting dressed at the end.
  17. Go for a midnight walk - I've always liked the idea of going for a midnight walk but have never got round to going. I just don't like the idea of going for a walk on my own.
  18. Do a Santa Fun Run - every year in Guernsey, a Santa Fun Run is hosted where anyone can take part either running or walking dressed as Santa. Quite a few people have said that they'd do this with me so it'll be great fun doing this with a group of people. Four of us mentioned doing it this year but I think we were too late to sign up.
  19. Do ballroom dancing - I think will be great to try and I've wanted to do this for ages now but I wouldn't want to do it on my own - I'd rather know my partner for more than five minutes!
  20. Go a week without chocolate - this is probably going to be the most difficult thing on my list for me to complete. Everyone knows how much I love chocolate - I don't think many people believe I'll be able to do it but I'm sure gunna try my best. 
  21. Make After Eight cupcakes - I've made Oreo cupcakes and Terry's Chocolate Orange cupcakes and both have gone down well with everyone who has tried them so I'd love to give After Eight cupcakes a go to see how they turn out.
  22. Have a kitchen day - I've never spent a whole day either cooking or baking so it'll be nice to spend a day cooking a bunch of meals ready for the week ahead followed by baking some afternoon snacks. It'll also be a good chance to teach some of my friends to cook as I'm sure I'm the only one with a slight idea on cooking times and temperatures and so on.
  23. Go for a tennerfest - every year, most restaurants in Guernsey do a set menu for a tenner during October which is usually extended into November. Although it's called a 'tennerfest', most menus are set to either £15 or £17.
  24. Cook a meal for friends - I've cooked a few meals for my friends in the last year as it's easier, and cheaper, than going out. I find with a home cooked meal, you don't get as full because there isn't the pressure of feeling like you have to demolish the whole plate, which is normally a pretty large portion in most restaurants.
  25. Have an adventurous day out with friends - we don't normally go out doing adventurous things so it'll be nice to go out for a whole day and do something different to what we would normally do.
  26. Road trip around Guernsey with friends - now that I have passed my driving test (yay!) I'll be like the taxi driver for my group of friends. My friends actually suggested this. I think it'll be quite fun as we'll get to go around Guernsey and see parts of the island that we haven't seen before. I am quite worried though as my car may not cope with too much driving around in one go...
  27. Do memory books - I have two different memory books that I've started with two different sets of people. All that has been done for both are the front covers. At least this will give us the motivation to actually start both of the books.
  28. Musical movie marathon - I love a good musical! And so do my friends so it just seems necessary to have a musical movie marathon.
  29. Disney movie marathon - again, it seems necessary to have a Disney movie marathon - you're never too old for a Disney movie!
  30. Have a chic flic movie marathon - I don't often watch rom coms but a bit of change never does any harm.
  31. Have a horror movie marathon - I love horrors, and seeing people's reactions during the movies are rather assuming. 
  32. Have a video game evening - my friends and I have been playing Wii games a couple of times recently so I figured that we could make an evening of it and maybe include some other video games for the Xbox or Play Station.
  33. Have a board game evening - I don't think I've ever played board games with any of my friends so it'll be a great opportunity to play some Monopoly, Game Of Life, and what not.
  34. Take photos in a photo booth with friends - I've taken photos in a photo booth before but only with family, never with friends so it'll be great to do this with friends.
  35. Go bowling - I live right next to Guernsey's bowling alley so this will be a convenient one to complete. My work does a social event every year where we all go bowling so I'll be able to kill two birds with one stone.
  36. Go go karting - I also live right next to the go karting track so this will be convenient to complete as well. I've only ever been go karting once which was about two years ago - it was slightly terrifying as I found a bee on my hand when I took the glove off. I have no idea how it got there or how long it had been there but I think that situation has contributed to my fear of bees.
  37. Go on a zip wire - as far as I'm aware, there isn't anywhere in Guernsey with a zip wire. But, there is a place in Jersey, the biggest of the Channel Islands, that has a zip wire.
  38. Go camping - I'm not a big fan of public toilets or public showers and I never sleep well when I'm not in my own bed so this will be interesting. I have only been camping once and that was only for,one night - my plan is to aim for a minimum for two nights before I class it as proper camping.
  39. Have a picnic - my group of friends like our picnics but Guernsey can never guarantee good weather so we'll have to have a backup plan for the worst case scenario.
  40. Have a beach day - during 2014, I've been to the beach probably less than 10 times so I'd like to make a day of it incase I don't make it as often as I'd like to.
  41. Play crazy golf - this is one of the ideas I stole from Tasmin as it was on her summer list and didn't get to do. And I've not played crazy golf for a while.
  42. Go on a beach crawl - this is another of Tasmin's ideas that I also stole, mostly because I love the idea! This will be great fun going to lots to different Guensey beaches in one day.
  43. Make a fort - this will be like reliving my childhood, and who wouldn't want to do that? I also thought it would be even more fun to do with a group of friends.
  44. Go on a ghost tour - in Guernsey, there are quite a few houses and buildings which are old and supposedly haunted which means there are a few ghost tours held throughout the island. I've never actually been on a ghost tour so I think that it would be quite interesting. 
  45. Cliff jumping - I've wanted to go cliff jumping for about 5 or 6 years now but have never timed it right so I've never been. 
  46. Make a candle - when I was younger my mum used to take me to Guernsey Candles to make my own candles. I've not made one for years and we don't have any left lying around the house.
  47. Visit the little chapel - I've not been to the Little Chapel for a very long time. Mostly because its right at the other end of the island and takes quite awhile to get there.
  48. Go to Bluebell Woods - It has been about 14 years since I last went to Bluebell Woods so I don't even remember where it is, let alone how to get there so I'll have to get directions before I go. It'll be worth it to actually be able to go back seeing as it's been so long.
  49. Go to the aquarium - the last time I went to an aquarium was at the start of December 2014. But the last time I went to the Guernsey aquarium was many years ago so I don't remember much about it.
  50. Watch the sunset - I've sat on the beach while the sun sets but I've not actually paid it any attention so my aim is to actually watch the sun set.
  51. Watch the sunrise - I've never actually watched a sunrise before. I mean, I've seen a small snippet of a sunrise if you count the ten minute drive from my house to work on my early shift during the summer. But it would already be light out when I'd leave. And now it's just too dark out to properly appreciate the view.
  52. Make a photo board full of photos with great memories - for Christmas, I was given two cork boards and some pins so that I could complete this idea as I know exactly what I want to do with it.
  53. Get a canvas photo - I have a small, plain canvas with an A4 photo and some decorations stuck to it but I don't have a proper canvas photo.
  54. Get a tattoo - I've wanted a tattoo for awhile now but as I've only just turned 18, I've only just become legal to get one. Plus, I'd love to see the look on my mum and my nans faces when I tell them that I have a tattoo!
  55. Get my hair cut in a salon - I have never had my hair done in a salon before as my mums best friend is a hairdresser so she just comes round to our house for a cup of tea and a chat with my mum and then to do my hair.  I don't think I've ever let a hairdresser dye my hair either. 
  56. Read a book - it's been so long since I last read a book that I don't even know what the last one I read was called. I think it must have been 'Of Mice and Men' back in year 10 English (about 3 years ago) and even then, I don't think I read more than a page. The teacher loved my table so rarely made us read. I really should read more often as I'm sure my reading age is pretty low.
  57. Learn the basics of another language - this will be a great thing to do as it will be useful for when I visit a non English speaking country as I'm hoping that I'll be able to order food in restaurants and other useful things.
  58. Create a Bucket List - there's a lot of things that I want to do in my life that I wouldn't have been able to complete within a year at my age so I thought that it would be nice to put it on a bucket list instead so that I don't forget everything and so that I'm more likely to get round to doing it all.
  59. Make a YouTube video - my plan for this idea is to document a bit of each idea and either put it together as one main YouTube video or to do little videos of each individual idea.
  60. Do a shoebox for charity (https://secure.teamhope.ie/csa) - I wanted to do something for charity without giving money as I'm never really sure if the money actually goes to those who need it. Whereas with the shoebox, it does go to someone in need. I also haven't done a shoebox for charity since I was in primary school so I think it's about time I do one again.

So that's my list which I will be starting it on Thursday, 1st January 2015. Have a great New Year!

Charlotte.

Comments

  1. Awh, Charlotte these are all such good ideas! I'll help you with as much as you want with, except cliff jumping- you can do that on alone! Haha! ;) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure you don't want to go cliff jumping? I'm sure you'll really enjoy it! ;-) haha xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts