The North Show 2015: Seven years of tradition


Attending the North Show has been a tradition of Sj and I since we were 11 years old, so of course we couldn't just break tradition this year.


Every year, the North Show is held on the Wednesday and Thursday of the third week of August. It is also the day that the GSCE results come out. Traditionally, Sj and I  have been able to go on both days and spend the majority of both days there. Unfortunately, because we both work now, We were only able to go in the evening. We both decided that it would be much cheaper for both of us to just go on Thursday evening as we both wanted to see the Flood Lite Parade and the fireworks. Plus, it worked out cheaper as we only had to pay for one single day ticket each and still got to see everything we wanted to see.

This year seemed quite different. Every other year, there has been a stall which does chocolate fountains - white chocolate, plain chocolate, dark chocolate. You could choose whether you had small, medium or large pot. I was so disappointed as I was hoping to be able to have a pot for dinner (very unhealthy, I know but I have a pot every year)!

Normally, they have a 'Ford car forecourt' but that wasn't there this year. It is always placed by the beer tent which has always amused me for some reason. I think it must be the fact they place it right next to the beer tent which is always full of drunks! They also usually have the 'Screamer' ride which was placed by bumper cars this year.

Sj and I arrived around 8 pm and began with a walk around the tents to see who had won what. Obviously, we were too late to see the animals by that time but it's pretty much the same every year when it comes to the animals. The cakes that had been made were actually really good. They had an auction at the end of Thursday to get rid of the cakes and what not. Personally, I wouldn't want to buy any of the cakes as they are left in the tents with flys buzzing around... 








We then made our way past the food stalls to see what we could have for dinner. After some thought, we decided our best bet would be to head over to the rides before eating as getting thrown around on the rides with a full stomach is never a good idea! You can just imagine how that would turn out! We had initially intended to go on the two main rides but ended up only going on one. The one we went on had less of a que at the time and was a pound cheaper per person. I can't say I know the nam s of these rides, mind.


By the time we had finished on the ride, we had about quarter of an hour before the Flood Lite Parade began so we went and got some food, by then I was starving! We had finished eating just in time for the Parade. The floats were all pretty good but the winning one was created by Lloyds Bank - as well as being well lite up and designed, it span around! They also had people handing out little chocolates. Of course, mine didn't last very long! Although, my favourite two were the 'Frozen' float and the 'Spongebob' float - you gotta love the Disney floats!



We didn't have too much of a wait for the fireworks to start luckily. I love fireworks! But I must say, I was expecting a bit more than what we got for the ending... 


I think my plan for next year would be to get there at least an hour or two earlier. That way, there would be a better chance of having a proper look around at everything without the crowd majority being drunk. Also, going earlier would give us chance to see the things that had been collected or taken away for whatever reason before we got there.

Ps, apologies for the terrible iPhone quality, plus fireworks photos never turn out as well as I hope.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts