We went to Jersey!
















Chloe, Rosie and I decided a couple months back to treat Tasmin to a day trip to Jersey on Saturday just gone as a little 'fair well and good luck at uni!' kind of thing. Her reaction was great - she didn't suspect at all! 


We told her in quite a cute way. We went online and booked the boat tickets for all four of us, I hoped she wasn't busy on the date we choose - luckily she wasn't, but there was always the option of changing the date if necessary. Then we went to town and chose a little card (pictured above) so that we could stick the boat tickets in it. I also created an itinerary for the four of us, but Tasmin's was different from ours as we had a second surprise for her - Creepy Valley Adventure Centre.

Our day started pretty early at 5 am. We had to get up, showered and presentable for 05:40am, so that I could pick them up and get us all to the harbour for no later than 6 am. We thought we were going to miss check in as we only parked the car just before 6am so we began our day with a quick run. After we went through the departure gate, we were told by security to join the front of the que - this is why you cut it fine, time wise. It avoided a ton of waiting around in the departure lounge.

The journey there was generally quite calm apart from one part when the boat took the turning wrong and tilted so far to the left that all of the cutlery fell off the shelves in the cafe. If you looked out of the windows, all you could see was the sky on the right hand side and sea on the left hand side - not a little of each like you should be able to see.

Unbeknown to Chloe, Tas and Rosie, I had a little surprise of my own for breakfast in Jersey. We have a friend - Lucille - who moved to Jersey about three years ago and we hadn't seen her as a group since she left. I told them I'd see if she was free to meet us while we were over but then said that she was busy while we were free so wouldn't be able to make it. Little did they know that she had agreed to meet us for breakfast. They were all so surprised and it was lovely to see the reaction on their faces when I mentioned that I may have lied about her coming!

After our little breakfast date with Lucille, we made our way to the bus stop to go to Creepy Valley. We had to get there 10 minutes before our first activity which was the zip wire. The second activity we did was Archery. Both were on this years list and were so much fun to complete! A separate post will be written for each activity soon as I have a fair few photos and videos from both.

We finished not long after 1pm so headed back into town for lunch at McDonalds before spending the afternoon shopping. Jersey has a much better variety of shops than Guernsey so we made a conscious effort to spend more time in the shops that we don't have here in Guernsey. 

Next on the agenda was to go to Cineworld - Jersey's cinema is huge compared to Guernseys cinema and has bigger screens and better 3D options. The movie of choice was Trainwreck. We only watched it in your average 2D as the tickets alone were so expensive at £10 each and we didn't want to buy 3D glasses only to take them home, bin them or break them.

Before embarking on the boat home, we stopped off at KFC for dinner. We only got some chips and some popcorn chicken which we all shared as we were still pretty stuffed from lunch. I had such a lovely day and I'm glad I got to spend it with my best friends! Separate posts about the zip wire and the archery will be posted soon.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts