Best Bits: July 2016
Here in 'sunny' old Guernsey, we had a pretty rough start to July, weather wise, what with all the grey skies and blustery showers. Luckily, the weather soon picked up soon and I was able to get myself a few days off of work to try oh so very hard to catch some much needed rays on my ghostly white skin.
Friday 1st was my last day sat with the Personal Lines team at work. They got me a card and a bag full of chocolate and biscuits. We have a somewhat running joke where they call me 'Coops' or 'Snoop' or 'Coop Dawg'. I have no idea what got them onto the Snoop Dogg reference but it seems to have become natural for them to refer to me as that.
Josh and I watched The Conjuring 2 at the cinema. It was a good movie. That of it we actually watched. I'm aware of how that came across. Fear not, I shall elaborate. There were a bunch of teenagers barely over the age cert of 15 that were chatting through what seemed like the majority of the movie while faffing around on their phones before they were sharply told to shut up and watch the movie. It was a full screening and the majority of the audience were pretty shaken up. Josh and I, on the other hand, were sat laughing at their expense. Neither one of us found it was scary. There was one particular part towards the end where the face of an old man very suddenly appears which made us jump. The kind of jumpy where someone sneaks up behind you rather than terrified kind of jumpy. Make sense? It was a good movie though. Definitely recommended.
Lunching. The new girl at work started at the beginning of the month so to celebrate her first day I took her out for lunch. We've now decided to make it a regular occurrence. Rosie has also now started joining Chloe and I for our weekly lunches which have recently moved from Tuesday's to Wednesday as we get 25% off our food bill on Wednesdays with our loyalty card at our usual lunch spot.
Decluttering. I had a bit of clear out last month. I bagged up some old clothes and made two black sacks for the rubbish and the clothes donation bins and one black sack full of clothes to sell. I had another clear out around mid month - reason why covered in my next point - because I didn't feel like I had finished clearing through everything the last time. You can view the ful post here as it was on my 101 in 1001.
Linking in with the last point, Josh and I got our first place together. It took some difficulty getting here as we got messed around a bit with the first flat we were originally meant to be moving into but, fortunately, we found somewhere cheaper and already proving more convenient in the long run for both of us. Full post to follow when things have calmed down enough to actually sit and finish the last few touches, and when our broadband has finally been installed. Stealing the wifi from my mums, my grans or nearby cafes is becoming a bit of a hassle!
New finds on Netflix. I've spent some time looking through Netflix for some new series to watch when I've got some time for myself. The first one I watched was Jane The Virgin. Unfortunately, there was only one season of that, which I got into fairly quickly. Season 2, hurry up! I've also been catching up on Pretty Little Liars as Chloe and I started watching it and she's now on season 2.
Catch ups. I saw Sj for the first time in about two months earlier is month which was nice. Luckily, by this time, the weather had perked up and the sun was shining so we decided a Chinese overlooking the harbour was in order followed by big a drive around the island. Which turned into what felt like a treasure hunt because she thought she lost her car keys... Turns out they were in my car but she didn't look properly for them!
Our HR manager at work sent me out to buy ice cream for the whole office. It was a Friday, it was lovely weather outside and the air con is broken so half of the office are currently working in boiling hot and stuffy conditions. Ice cream was definitely needed. I was the only person in my team working that afternoon so my Oreo ice cream made up for the quiet afternoon.
Friendly people. If you've been a regular reader for some time now, you'll know I work in a gym part time. Recently, we've had some lovely newbies join who have been ever so lovely to chat too! The ones who are happy to stop and have a quick chat with you before or after their sessions are the ones that make being stuck inside, behind a desk for six days a week worth it. Plus, the gym is underground and I work my shift alone which can get very quiet and a little lonely on the days where my usuals don't come in and give me the gossip after their workouts.
As you may have already seen, I've started a new blog series, On The Horizon. Don't get too excited as my creativity has been stretched enough and I won't be coming out with any more new series to share on the blog. But you can find the first post of my new series here.
Josh and I took a trip to the cinema to watch Secret Life Of Pets and The BFG . I remember my mum reading me the story The BFG regularly growing up and it being one of my favourite reads so I was fully expecting this to be a good choice. Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped I would be. I felt my mind wondering towards the end and was a little bored if I must say. I was quite disappointed. Secret Life Of Pets, on the other hand, did not disappoint. This was most definitely a good choice and I'm so glad we went and watched it.
Try not to have too much off a shock, but I read a book. Like, a whole novel from cover to cover. And this is the best part, I enjoyed it so much that I finished reading it in 24 hours! I read Girl, Missing and have just started the second book in the series - Sister, Missing - as well as starting Little Women.
My mum and step dad treated me to brunch on Saturday morning. We went to a lovely cafe just on the outskirts of the town centre called Muse. None of us were expecting the portions to be as big as they were, especially as it doesn't look like there's as much as there actually is on your plate. I went for the Manhattan Pancakes with bacon and chocolate syrup which were, indeed, delicious!
So that's it, my July in review. I'm hoping the warm weather will stick around for August. I'd love an excuse to hit the beach as I haven't yet had the opportunity to properly hit the beach this year due to the amount of shifts I've covered and with moving out as well. Here's to good weather in August!
Charlotte.





Comments
Post a Comment