Best Bits: June 2016

When I turned my calendar over to June, I just couldn't believe how quickly this year apears to be going! It's officially summer now? It only seems like last week we celebrated the New Year and already, we've passed the half way mark of 2016. Anyway, here are my highlights of the month.

Having Jamie round for dinner at the start of the month was fun. We normally go for a catch up over lunch so making an evening of it made it less of a rush. I must say, it felt quite fancy and grown up - never before have I cooked dinner while my guest bought the dessert. It reminded me of one of those American movies where you have people round for dinner and each guest brings a different meal supplement, like the wine, the starter or the desert. We even played Mario Karts after watching some UFC clips on YouTube.

Catching up with Chloe and Rosie over pizza and Mario Karts. It seemed like forever since the three of us had an evening in together and it was lovely to see them both again! 

The girls at work (full time job) threw a surprise baby shower for our manager who is due next month. We went for afternoon tea at the Old Government House hotel (OGH). The OGH is a fancy 5* hotel and this was my first ever visit there. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely hotel, great service - in my opinion I just don't feel that the pricing justifies the portion sizes... I've never even had afternoon tea before or been to baby shower so the whole experience was a new thing for me. A nice experience though. We all had a lovely afternoon filled with baby related games and girlie chatting.


Now that was a fairly busy week to kick off the month.

Last month, I got myself a new camera. I know, I probably should have written my little review thing (or whatever you'd rather call it) sooner but I've been trying to decide if I'm sure I like the photos it takes. At first, I wasn't all too impressed but now I'm pretty sure I like the results.


Have you seen that episode of The Middle where Frankie gets to till and finds she's left her purse at work so goes to put her half eaten box of expensive chicken and then the guy behind her in the queue pays her bill and gets her to pay it forward? Well, that happened to me. Not in that exact situation. But I shared a taxi to airport in Jersey at the start of the month with two guys who were also heading up to the airport and one of them paid our fare. When I offered to pay my way he insisted I stick some cash in an armed forces charity box when I next see one. Thank you so very much, kind stranger. And adults tell us not to talk to strangers - not all bad came out of it! 

Meeting up with Rosie and Tasmin. Rosie got the key to her flat which she'll be officially living from July 1st so she took us for a quick tour before we headed to the beach. 

Chloe and I went to the YBG Ball with her work. The theme was naughtical but if you didn't want to go in fancy dress, you had the option of 'dressing for the Captains Table'. Neither Chloe nor I went fancy dress so we both went for a nice, blue dress 'suitable for the captains table'. I haven't been out to something like this where I've been able to do something with my hair since I had it cut so, I must admit, I did have some fun with hairstyles.


Having a long weekend off of work. Everyone at the full time job has been booking time off left, right and centre so I felt it was only fair that I booked some days off for myself as well. Plus, I've been really struggling to keep my motivation recently so having the break did me the world of good. Although I sense I may be starting to slack again now... The day before my long weekend was a prime example of why I needed those days off as, when I got back from lunch I realised I'd ripped my skirt at the back so had to go home and change. Walking to the office from the car caused me more embarrassment as I didn't realise until just around the corner from work, that when I hung my bag over my shoulder, my dress got caught between my hip and my bag. Yes... So that actually happened... *hangs head in shame and embarrassment* I did wonder why I got a few weird looks...

If you read this post, you'll be aware that Josh and I got ourselves a pet Hamster. We called him Oscar Pancake and, if I do say so myself, he is just adorable! 


I joined the Personal Lines team for an evening trip to Herm. We ate in The Mermaid Tavern, had a few drinks and played Cards Against Humanity. We all had a lovely evening.

My stepdads youngest daughter got married over the weekend. Her and her bridesmaids all looked lovely and it was such fantastic day! She was lucky to have such nice weather as well. Josh and I spent half of the evening in the photo booth then the other half was spent with me on the dance floor, trying to get josh to join me before giving up and dancing with one of my colleagues who had also been invited to the big day with her husband.


Now, I feel I have more gossip to catch you all up on but I'm sure it can wait until another post when things are cleared from the pipeline and all completed. For now, that's it. Happy July and happy second half to 2016! 

Enjoy.

Charlotte.

Comments

  1. It looks like you had a great month! I love this idea for a post recapping the month :) So creative!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts