Halloween Weekending

My Halloween celebrations were stretched out over a not-bank-holiday long weekend. Totally not a thing but y'know, you got my drift. I did a little bit of Halloween related things from Friday through till Halloween.

Friday

So Friday was pretty much your standard Friday. Work, gym, dinner, telly, all with the added exception of pumpkin carving.

After about half an hour of getting the knife stuck in the pumpkin, I eventually got my finished pumpkin which has been here there and everywhere round the house while Josh and I decided where we wanted it. You see, our main door into the house is around the back of the house. Perfect for not having to worry about having loads of trick or treaters and having to give out free candy! But trying to find a space where it would be visible without encouraging people to coming knocking at our door, trick or treating proved a little difficult. In the end, it sat on our coffee table in the lounge.


Saturday 

Guernsey's main parish of St Peter Port is home to Castle Cornet which hosted a 'Haunted Castle' event. Chloe and I headed down for 11am for a mooch around before I started work at 1pm. Neither of us had been for years and could barely remember our way around. As it's on my 101 in 1001, I will be writing up a post on it so I can show you all photos I snapped of the castle. Warning: said post will be very photo heavy. 

After work, chloe joined Josh and I for dinner and she and I had a go at making pumpkin soup which turned out quite well of you ask me. I shall do a recipe post on it very soon for those you who are interested.

Next up, scary movies. I love a horror. Although, nowadays I find them quite predictable. All of the people in the horror movies would survive if they listened to me! We watched Poltergeist The Quijia Experiment.

Sunday 

Sunday was actually pretty chill. Josh and I didn't really do much other than binge watch Netflix. I took a trip down to see my mum and stepdad. They cooked us up a roast lunch and we had a lovely little catch up. Around mid afternoon, I headed to my grans and spent an hour or two with her and my auntie. When I was younger, I never understood why my family kept saying "there isn't enough time in the day" but now that I'm living away from home, I think I finally see where they were coming from. Trying to fit in seeing everyone as well as making sure that everything that needs doing is done really does take up a fair bit of time.

Monday 

Today has also been particularly standard. Other than the fact that this whole clown phase has stormed the island meaning there's a bunch of idiots running wild dressed like a complete arse.

Work finished (not quickly enough) which meant it was time for the gym. I wasn't really feeling the gym so I made it a quick session so Josh and I could do the shopping and make a start on dinner. Once we were both feed, we stuck on a horror and enjoyed the fact that we didn't have to keep getting up to answer the door for trick or treaters.

So that was my Halloween weekend. I actually felt like I accomplished a lot this weekend. Unfortunately, not every weekend is like that. I find the air rather crisp outside now. This time last year, I was walking along Bournemouth beach without a coat or a hoodie on and I still found it pretty warm. I've been looking forward to actually knowing what to wear of a morning and not regretting it mid morning because the weather has taken a turn to what I was originally expecting.

What did you get up to over the Halloween weekend?

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts