On The Horizon #3
Well, well, well. I do feel I'm getting better at sharing with you my upcoming plans. But don't go letting me jinx that now!
With regards to my plans from #2, I shall just catch you up on where I am with each now. The girlie weekend is still pencilled in with Lauren and Lulu. The blog update and healthier living are still both a work in progress.
Now, onwards and upwards with my more recent plans for the next month or so.
New job. So I have gone and bagged myself a new job in the pensions sector. I don't start until November but I'm super excited to move onto something new to try. I've heard mixed reviews about this sector but it'll certainly be different to what I'm used too and I'm looking forward to the new opportunity.
Josh and I are planning a Hallowe'en party. It'll be over the weekend before Hallowe'en seeing as its on a Monday this year. The pre-planned late night will only end up in one way for me; spending anything up to a week recovering from how tired I will no doubt be. I've mentioned our plans briefly to a few friends and so far we seem to getting positive outlook on the idea. Now just to sort out actually inviting people.
Feel good stuff. I feel as though I've been stuck in somewhat of a rut recently; no energy and no motivation. In an attempt to perk myself up a bit I'm going to aim to do some feel good stuff like baking and some pamper evenings and get back into a decent gym routine. I feel as though I don't bake anywhere near as often as I should nor do I use face masks as regularly as my skin probably needs so it would be nice to actually get back into it all. I'm also really missing the gym and feel pretty rough for not going in so long.
Tennerfests. Here in 'sunny old Guernsey', during the month of October and part way through November, our local restaurants put together a set menu for what's meant be a tenner. Now, I know it's called 'Tennerfest', but it's not very often that you'll actually be present with a set three course menu all for £10. It normally ranges anything from £10 up to £17 - £20. Lauren, Lulu and I have decided we're going to go for weekly tennerfests. My mum would like to go for one for her birthday. Then Chloe, Rosie and I have decided to go for one this year as well.
Shopping. My bank account may not appreciate this so much. I open up my wardrobe daily and spend what feels like much longer than is actually necessary wondering what to wear. And don't even get me started on shoes! I want shoes that are comfy and practical but something versatile enough to be able to wear to the office but also for a casual trip to the shop. I also want clothes in more of a variety of colours and I want clothes that I can put together for those days where it too hot for a coat and boats but too cold for tee's and floaty dresses. I actually already bought a coat which is just perfect for the autumn months as it's suitable for the slightly chillier days.
I do actually quite enjoy sharing this kind of post with you and I do feel like I'm bringing more structure to this new series of mine. I find it definitely helps me plan things more often. Especially with winter coming up as I have a bit of a bad habit of getting straight into my pyjamas and zoning out on the sofa with the telly on as soon as I get home from work during the colder, wetter months.
Charlotte.
With regards to my plans from #2, I shall just catch you up on where I am with each now. The girlie weekend is still pencilled in with Lauren and Lulu. The blog update and healthier living are still both a work in progress.
Now, onwards and upwards with my more recent plans for the next month or so.
New job. So I have gone and bagged myself a new job in the pensions sector. I don't start until November but I'm super excited to move onto something new to try. I've heard mixed reviews about this sector but it'll certainly be different to what I'm used too and I'm looking forward to the new opportunity.
Josh and I are planning a Hallowe'en party. It'll be over the weekend before Hallowe'en seeing as its on a Monday this year. The pre-planned late night will only end up in one way for me; spending anything up to a week recovering from how tired I will no doubt be. I've mentioned our plans briefly to a few friends and so far we seem to getting positive outlook on the idea. Now just to sort out actually inviting people.
Feel good stuff. I feel as though I've been stuck in somewhat of a rut recently; no energy and no motivation. In an attempt to perk myself up a bit I'm going to aim to do some feel good stuff like baking and some pamper evenings and get back into a decent gym routine. I feel as though I don't bake anywhere near as often as I should nor do I use face masks as regularly as my skin probably needs so it would be nice to actually get back into it all. I'm also really missing the gym and feel pretty rough for not going in so long.
Tennerfests. Here in 'sunny old Guernsey', during the month of October and part way through November, our local restaurants put together a set menu for what's meant be a tenner. Now, I know it's called 'Tennerfest', but it's not very often that you'll actually be present with a set three course menu all for £10. It normally ranges anything from £10 up to £17 - £20. Lauren, Lulu and I have decided we're going to go for weekly tennerfests. My mum would like to go for one for her birthday. Then Chloe, Rosie and I have decided to go for one this year as well.
Shopping. My bank account may not appreciate this so much. I open up my wardrobe daily and spend what feels like much longer than is actually necessary wondering what to wear. And don't even get me started on shoes! I want shoes that are comfy and practical but something versatile enough to be able to wear to the office but also for a casual trip to the shop. I also want clothes in more of a variety of colours and I want clothes that I can put together for those days where it too hot for a coat and boats but too cold for tee's and floaty dresses. I actually already bought a coat which is just perfect for the autumn months as it's suitable for the slightly chillier days.
I do actually quite enjoy sharing this kind of post with you and I do feel like I'm bringing more structure to this new series of mine. I find it definitely helps me plan things more often. Especially with winter coming up as I have a bit of a bad habit of getting straight into my pyjamas and zoning out on the sofa with the telly on as soon as I get home from work during the colder, wetter months.
Charlotte.
Comments
Post a Comment