On The Horizon #4

Are you ready for round 4 of my upcoming plans post? No? Well, grab yourself a cuppa quick and lets get down to it.

I know it hasn't been long since my last instalment of On The Horizon but it seems to be all things go at the moment. Last time, I shared with you how I wanted to do more feel good things which I have archived. I've gotten back into the gym and I'm already feeling the benefits of it. Even the scales are slowly starting to appreciate it as well! I also mentioned shopping and a Halloween party. Those have both taken the back seats - with Christmas and my birthday coming up, I'd rather see how they go before I go buying entire new wardrobe. Plus, I can wait until the January sales where I am buy myself some bargains. We left it a bit late to organise a Halloween party so instead we decided not to bother. We also ordered some decorations which looked incredibly tacky once they'd arrived so we ended up just returning it all.


Now that you're all caught up where I stand with last month's instalment, let's crack on with this round.

Change of work. I know what you're thinking of you read the last On The Horizon installation. See, I started #3 of this series off on pretty much the same thing. Only difference is. this time I'm broadening it to the switch over/transition of the two jobs. Only two weeks to go now!  My last day is Friday 4th November and I'm due to start in the pensions sector on Monday 7th. I commented on how at my current job for only two weeks longer is quite like Noah's Ark at the moment as people seem to be leaving two by two. Two people left this Friday just gone, one of the guys from claims will be leaving on the same day as myself and then there's another two 'animals' leaving the following Friday. So you get my Noah's Ark analogy now?

Baking. This is something I would like to do a lot more of. I feel as though I don't bake anywhere near as often as I should so it would be nice to actually get back into it. I do, however, have intentions of making some cupcakes for my last day as my team leader jokingly said that's what she's going to miss most about working with me. Clearly, my future job security will always rely heavily on my cakes! 💁🏻 I plan to try my hand at both Oreo brownies and Oreo cookies as well as some marshmallow cookies.

Halloween celebrations. This year, Josh and I were planning on hosting a Halloween party for our friends seeing as it's our first year in our little home. But then we left it too late to start inviting people... so now that that idea has gone out of the window, Chloe, Rosie and I are spending next Saturday morning having a mooch around Guernsey's very own Castle Cornet which is hosting a 'haunted castle' from 10 am till 5pm. Looking round Castle Cornet is on my 101 in 1001 so be sure to keep an eye out for that post very soon. The three of us will also be heading back to mine after I've finished work to spend the evening watching horrors over pumpkin soup.

The blogging world. Within the world of blogging, I'm looking at getting some posts together to share with you on a more regular basis. At the moment, I'm thinking of sharing some recipe posts, maybe some fitness based posts. In the lead up to Christmas, I intend to participate in Blogmas for the first time which I'm quite looking forward to trying. I'm also going to get back to redesigning my blog once the hype of changing jobs has settled.

I think I'll leave it there for now with my upcoming plans. I hope you've had a nice weekend and are ready for the upcoming week.

Charlotte

Comments

Popular Posts