Best Bits: August 2017

I feel pretty happy with how well August has gone, and with how productive its been. While the weather may not have been as nice as expected for this time of year, I feel I'm on a more positive track than I have been throughout the rest of the year so far. On to my highlights for the month just passed.

New Job. I started the new job earlier this month and I'm so glad I made the decision to accept this role. Everyone seems very friendly and I feel I've settled in very well so far. It seems like I've been there longer than a month, which is a good thing.

Picnic at the beach. James and I decided to organise a picnic at the beach with a bunch of our friends at the beginning of the month. We all took down some food and a ball and just enjoyed the fact the sun was shining and the sea was warm.

Chloe's Birthday. We celebrated by going out for dinner and taking a walk around the harbour carnival before playing Mario Kart back at hers. Now I can start planning how embarrassing I want to make hers and Rosie's 21st birthdays!

Touch Rugby. The touch rugby league came to an end mid month. While I did enjoy the sport, it was nice to end the season. Mostly because all teams were given free drinks tokens and we all socialised together for the last time this season.

Brunch. James and I decided to go for brunch at Muse mid month. We both went for the same dish called 'sliders' which included potato swirls, a bacon roll, beef burger, veggie fritters and a teriyaki chicken wrap. It was good, although next time I'd go for something else.

Gym. There has been a 'bring a friend for free' offer this month so James and I made the most of the offer and hit the gym everyday for a week. While I do prefer training on my own, it was nice to be able to make the most of having James with me for the added motivation and assistance with my wall squats.

North Show. James and I went to the North Show this year. This year was the eighth year in a row that I've been. While I do like the whole feel of it, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I have previous years - maybe it's because I'm getting older and I'm less tolerant towards drunks and loud, over-confident groups of teenagers.

Pizza night. Chloe had me round for pizza and so we could finally have our Netflix binge from all those months ago. We started off with Trainwreck (post coming soon) then watched an episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (post coming after S1 is completed). Her eldest dog, Bobby, was particularly cuddly while I was there so the two of us were curled up on the sofa after a short while - he was like a hot water bottle!


Bank Holiday Weekend. With working part time in a gym, the only time I get a proper, two day weekend is either; when I take a take my shift off as holiday or when a bank holiday graces us with its presence! Read more about how I spent my bank holiday weekend here.

Charlotte

Comments

Popular Posts