Best Bits: July 2017

July has felt pretty busy. Typically, the sun came out while I was working, and then when I finally get some time off the temperature drops and the heavens open! Although, I'm grateful for that thunder storm a week or so ago that cleared the stuffiness.

BBQ. Rosie and her boyfriend had a bunch of us round at the start of the month for a BBQ. We discovered that have I quite the skill for beer pong. James' sister and brother-in-law had a bunch of people round to celebrate his brother-in-law's birthday.

Dog sitting. Sj was away for a bout a week earlier this month so I was looking after his dog, Minstrel. She was lovely, although she definitely missed her dad! To try and make up for it, Minstrel and Sj were FaceTiming each other! Haha.

Gym. As well as touch rugby, I've also been going to the gym a couple of times a week! I also walked Minstrel everyday while SJ was away (although not far because of her leg) and I feel so much better for the exercise.

Baking. As you'll have noticed from this post, I've been trying to get back into baking again this month. I had a couple of days off towards the end of the month so had a go at making some rocky road cookies and some caramel and marshmallows cookies (recipe post to follow in the next couple of days).


Prime Day. With Amazon Prime Day being this month, I decided to make the most of some of the deals and picked myself up some new clothes and other bits that I've been meaning to buy for a short while now.

Blogging. I've done quite well on the blogging front for me, I think. I shared Treats to Try, 50 Things That Make Me Happy, my second progress report, another instalment of On The Horizon, my updated bucket list and this recipe post.


Touch Rugby Social. The touch rugby team organised a social event mid month. We all headed to the pub after work before heading down to Villa for pizza and pasta. I did a couple of lifts home whilst the majority of the team stayed in town drinking. I did not envy them the next day!

New Job. While I've not actually started yet, I've gone and bagged myself a new job.

Having a few days off was the perfect end to this month and I'm so ready to start August with a new job and I feel so refreshed! Getting back into the gym while I've been off has also helped as well as spending time outdoors.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts