Best Bits: March 2018
We saw in the new month of March, the start of start of Spring, with a snow blizzard. I mean, it was meant to snow back in December. I was hoping for a snowy birthday to celebrate my 21st. I'm glad it has finally snowed and hopefully we can be on the right track to warmer weather. Shall we move onto this months highlights?
Moving day. James and I finally signed our lease earlier this month and moved a couple weeks later. We began our search back in February but had no luck in finding a flat in our price range that was a decent size and also in decent condition. When we went for our first viewing on our chosen flat, I have to admit that I was looking for things to hate about the place. I couldn't find anything. My colleagues also arranged for some biscuits to be sent to us at the new flat which were lovely. Look how cute they were!
Moving day. James and I finally signed our lease earlier this month and moved a couple weeks later. We began our search back in February but had no luck in finding a flat in our price range that was a decent size and also in decent condition. When we went for our first viewing on our chosen flat, I have to admit that I was looking for things to hate about the place. I couldn't find anything. My colleagues also arranged for some biscuits to be sent to us at the new flat which were lovely. Look how cute they were!
Catch up. Chloe, Rosie and I finally had our catch up. Rosie spent most of January in Australia and Chloe and I hadn't seen each other since our belated New Year celebrations, and hadn't seen Rosie since her birthday, so it was nice for us all to see each other again after what felt like months and months apart. We went for dinner at Crabby Jacks before heading back to Chloe's for a movie night. They also came round to mine for a catch up and Chinese food later on this month. Obviously, they also came to see our new place.
Snow day. The month began with the grounds of Guernsey blanketed in snow. It was just so beautiful! I shared this post about my snowy walk with Chloe. The snow had began towards the end of February so by the time we got to March 1st, I was starting to get a little bored of the snow and constantly being cold. I was pretty glad to awake to green grass and rain clouds by the 2nd.
Easter weekend. With ending the month half way through the Easter weekend, I've had such a relaxing start to the celebrations. Although James and I have spent an embarrassing amount of time choosing our Easter eggs. I started Good Friday with no alarms set and was able to take my time in getting ready. We started our morning on the sofa watching a movie; Bad Neighbours, before James headed out for lunch with his friends while I got on with some housework before work.
Blogging. Compared with recent months, I feel I've been more present on my blog which has been nice. I've felt more motivation to write posts and have actually had ideas for posts. I still have a few more sat in my drafts which need finishing so hopefully this motivation and productivity will continue throughout April. This month, I wrote about the snow, my wandering thoughts and my recent purchases (although i'll soon be putting in an online order in for some new stuff so maybe another post to follow).
Climbing. During January and February, I wasn't feeling particularly active and wanted nothing more than to curl up on the sofa in the evenings. I didn't fight my wave of laziness and only went twice during the first two months on this year. However, with entering the Everest Challenge, a charity event to raise money for a local school, with work, I've been back every week this month. Granted, not to every session, but I've at least been once a week.
Work Breakfast. One of my directors celebrated his birthday in January and decided to take my team out for a belated birthday breakfast. He did two separate breakfasts so we had sufficient cover in the office. We went to Urban Kitchen and let's just appreciate the pure beauty of my waffles with vanilla ice and chocolate sauce! I know this isn't the healthiest start to the day, but I was torn between this and a Full English, let's be honest you can have a Full English anywhere you go for breakfast so this was more of a one off treat.
Time off. I booked an extra day off of work in case James and I needed more time to get our flat in order. Luckily for us, we pretty much got everything in place on moving day so we were able to spend the day relaxing. While we did have the odd bit to do, we didn't have to spend too long slaving away before relaxing.
So that pretty much sums up my month.
Happy Easter!
Charlotte.

Comments
Post a Comment