Creme Egg Cookies

Why I never thought to make these sooner, I do not know! They were incredible! Recipe stolen from Emma at Owls and Stags. James and I were a little worried about how well the cookies would turn out as we had a couple of issues with our oven (we'd not long moved in and there were no numbers or symbols on the oven dials and no instruction manual had been left for us so it was very much a lot of guess work) but they turned out exactly as they should have!


Ingredients

200g Butter
300g Caster Sugar
2 Medium Eggs
275g Self-Raising Flour
75g Cocoa Power 
A Dash Of Semi-Skimmed Milk (just in case)
8 Crème Eggs
A Bar Of Diary Milk


Method
  • Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
  • Line a baking tray with grease proof paper, or use a little butter
  • Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl
  • Crack in the two eggs and mix in
  • Stir in the self-raising flour and cocoa powder
  • If the mixture looks a bit dry, add in a dash of milk
  • Break up the Diary Milk into small chunks and add to the mixture
  • Break the mixture into cookie size balls and place evenly on the tray
  • Bake for 11 minutes
  • While the cookies are baking, cut your Crème Eggs into halves. Emma only uses 5 Crème Eggs, however I picked up an extra 3 to be on the safe side. It'll allow for a couple of eggs to split badly and you'll have spare if you've got extra mixture. When the cookies come out of the oven, wiggle the Crème Eggs into the middle (they’ll melt!)

James and I have already started planning alternatives to these cookies for other celebrations and holidays throughout the year.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts