Best Bits: August 2018
I just can't believe how quickly this year has gone so far! I mean, we've just come to the end of AUGUST?! I did, however, completely forget everything I did over the course of the month when I sat down to write this post.
Lunch date. Chloe, Rosie and I headed out for lunch for the first time in over a year to celebrate Chloe's birthday. We headed to Prince of Wales and gave Chloe her collection box of gifts.
Chloe's birthday. Chloe turned another year older this month. To celebrate, she, Rosie and I headed over to Sark for the day. The rest of week wasn't looking that nice, weather wise, but we struck luck with it while we were over in Sark. There was only a very brief shower throughout the whole day and sun otherwise. We spent the whole day cycling, walking and exploring the island. We actually could have done with some more time as we found we didn't get to see all that we wanted to see.
Climbing festival. Sj and I attended our first climbing festival with the Guernsey Climbing Club and it was a lot of fun. Rosie also joined us for the evening. Most of the group had returned from climbing the cliffs when we arrived45 minutes later than intended so we began with burgers and hot dogs around the fire. We then had a go at climbing the makeshift climbing wall (failed miserably) and also had a few goes on the slack line (again, failed miserably).
Family time. I joined my mum, stepdad, step nan, step sisters, their partners and their kids for a swim followed by coffee and ice cream. It was such a lovely morning and was great for all of us to be in the same place at the same time in such a relaxing atmosphere. I've also recently had my nice and one nephew round for pizza, milkshakes and Wii games which was super fun. James and I caught up with my mum and stepdad over brunch last weekend and caught up with both of our grans.
Blogging. I finally got around to sharing most of the posts from our holiday in America. I've shared a good few posts linked with my 101 in 1001 list, all of which you can view here.
Food. Chloe, Rosie, Sj and I headed down to the Rockmount last weekend for dinner. They all had pizza while I went for the steak, which was a very good decision! We finished with dessert; a brownie for Chloe, ice cream for Sj and I. James and I have also tried a couple of different meals. We cooked Hunters Chicken earlier this week with chips which turned out pretty well actually. Chicken Risotto has made it into our weekly meal plans more often this month. We also dug out some recipe books and pulled some recipes which we will be trying over the next few weeks.
Holiday planning. With our trip to Germany drawing closer (one month), James and I have placed more focus on what we would like to do other than sit and drink beer in the Oktoberfest tents. We've found a couple of excursions and day trips that we'd like to do so we're mostly sorted now. We've also ordered my dirndls and James' lederhosen.
It seems a shame to end the month with cooler weather, considering how hot and sunny it was at the start of August. Before we know it, we'll be at that awkward stage where we wont know how many layers to pile on before leaving the house every morning.
Charlotte.
Lunch date. Chloe, Rosie and I headed out for lunch for the first time in over a year to celebrate Chloe's birthday. We headed to Prince of Wales and gave Chloe her collection box of gifts.
Chloe's birthday. Chloe turned another year older this month. To celebrate, she, Rosie and I headed over to Sark for the day. The rest of week wasn't looking that nice, weather wise, but we struck luck with it while we were over in Sark. There was only a very brief shower throughout the whole day and sun otherwise. We spent the whole day cycling, walking and exploring the island. We actually could have done with some more time as we found we didn't get to see all that we wanted to see.
Climbing festival. Sj and I attended our first climbing festival with the Guernsey Climbing Club and it was a lot of fun. Rosie also joined us for the evening. Most of the group had returned from climbing the cliffs when we arrived
Family time. I joined my mum, stepdad, step nan, step sisters, their partners and their kids for a swim followed by coffee and ice cream. It was such a lovely morning and was great for all of us to be in the same place at the same time in such a relaxing atmosphere. I've also recently had my nice and one nephew round for pizza, milkshakes and Wii games which was super fun. James and I caught up with my mum and stepdad over brunch last weekend and caught up with both of our grans.
Blogging. I finally got around to sharing most of the posts from our holiday in America. I've shared a good few posts linked with my 101 in 1001 list, all of which you can view here.
Food. Chloe, Rosie, Sj and I headed down to the Rockmount last weekend for dinner. They all had pizza while I went for the steak, which was a very good decision! We finished with dessert; a brownie for Chloe, ice cream for Sj and I. James and I have also tried a couple of different meals. We cooked Hunters Chicken earlier this week with chips which turned out pretty well actually. Chicken Risotto has made it into our weekly meal plans more often this month. We also dug out some recipe books and pulled some recipes which we will be trying over the next few weeks.
Holiday planning. With our trip to Germany drawing closer (one month), James and I have placed more focus on what we would like to do other than sit and drink beer in the Oktoberfest tents. We've found a couple of excursions and day trips that we'd like to do so we're mostly sorted now. We've also ordered my dirndls and James' lederhosen.
It seems a shame to end the month with cooler weather, considering how hot and sunny it was at the start of August. Before we know it, we'll be at that awkward stage where we wont know how many layers to pile on before leaving the house every morning.
Charlotte.

Comments
Post a Comment