60 Things To Do In 2015: Try rugby


I'm sure I surprised a lot of people when I said I wanted to give rugby a try. Bear in mind, I am just 5 ft in height so you can imagine why people would think its a little bizarre.


Chloe and I went along to my first rugby session last month. Chloe has been doing rugby on and off for quite some time now. I was expecting the ladies to be terrifying. None of them were. Apart from two of them, they were terrifying when they ran at you - I wanted to drop the ball and run for my life in the other direction!




Yesterday, Chloe and I went to watch a women's match. I haven't ever been to watch one before. I mean, I've seen a men's game, but never a women's. It's actually really interesting! Women's sports never seem to get as much coverage as men's sports do which I have never thought has been that fair. 

Unfortunately, the Guernsey team lost despite all the injuries the opponents had. An ambulance was called half way through the match because one of the opponents had dislocated her shoulder. She was actually taken off to A&E, can't say whether her team where aware of that though. I mean, they knew the ambulance came but I don't think they saw it drive off with her inside...

Sport talk

I don't think can name any famous women in sport outside of the Olympics other than Ronda Roussey from the MMA fighting and Heather Watson in tennis. Heather Watson is a Guernsey girl so everybody in Guernsey knows who she is.  I have also played racquetball with her dad a couple of times. The only reason I know who Ronda is, is because her fight was shown after the men's fights had all finished when Tom, Jamie and I had an evening in a little while back watching the MMA. Please don't ask me any questions to do with the MMA as I would'nt be able to tell you anything apart from 1) Ronda is terrifying, 2) Connor McGregor wins his fights by being annoyingly cocky and 3) if you become an MMA fighter, you're signing up to have your nose broken on many different occasions.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts