Today, a very good friend of mine is off to uni.
I can't believe how quickly the time to say goodbye to
Tasmin has come around! I know she'll only be there for one year in total and she will be coming back in three months time for Christmas but it still won't be the same, not having her here permanently.
Seven years ago, around this sort of time of year back in 2008 actually, I met Tasmin when we started Year 7 at St Sampsons High School. She came from Amherst Primary and I came from Capelles Primary. Within our first week there we became friends along with Chloe (who came from Capelles with me) and Rosie (who came from Amherst with Tasmin) and a few others.
Year 7-9 tutor group, last art lesson, 2011
 |
Start of year 10, 2011
|
|
| Last day at St Sampsons High, year 11, 2013 |
Our friendship group changed many times over the years that we were at school. People came and then went and then came back again before leaving again and so on. But Chloe, Rosie, Tasmin and I were the only four who stuck together throughout school and even after.
We were sent off to prom by our parents telling us how amazed they were at the fact the four of us had managed to stay friends throughout school, even with all the people that came and went. I must add, I'm pretty impressed with the outcome of our group, even with your average school drama and everyday life.
 |
| Prom, 2013 |
Throughout the last seven years, Tasmin and I have shared many memories - school and prom, birthdays and New Years, beach trips and picnics, and so much more! To say I'm going to miss her is a bit of an understatement!
 |
| Bottom photo - August, 2012 || Top photo - August 2015 |
 |
| Jersey trip, 2015 |
 |
| Afternoon at the park, 2010? |
 |
| Chloe's 18th, 2015 |
 |
| Sunset date, 2015 |
 |
| New Year's Eve, 2014 |
 |
| My 18th, 2014 |
 |
| Chloe's 16, 2013 |
 |
| Beach day, 2012 |
I know that Tas will be fine at uni and she'll enjoy it so much - we'll be able to FaceTime and Skype all the time but it won't be the same as having her here in person. Let's just say, I hope these next three months go quickly!
 |
| I had this made into a canvas print for Tasmin's leaving present |
Looking through these photos and linking them up with the correct year that each one was taken in, makes it seem like each memory that happened at least a year ago really old. It doesn't feel like each memory happened as long ago as they did - I remember the majority of them all so well, it only seems like yesterday!
Comments
Post a Comment