60 Things To Do In 2015: Do the Santa Fun Run


For the first time ever, I did the Santa Fun Run with Sj yesterday.

Sj is a keen runner. I, however, am not. Only over the last couple of months I've gotten into running. Running on the treadmill, at the gym for about 15, 20 minutes with walking breaks every few minutes - not full on road running, holding up the traffic because you're with a large crowd of people kind of running.




Santa Selfie 

The plan was that we'd have one of us parked at each end so we could both get home easily. We met an hour before the run started at a car park near the finish where we left my car and quickly made our way to the starting line. We had to check in by 11am ready for a 11:30 start. Of course, we needn't have rushed as people were still checking in at 25 past and we didn't even start the warm-up until 11:40am.


Santa selvies in the car journey there are a must.
We were standing around for what seemed like forever so during that time I decided that the Santa Trousers I had planned on wearing weren't going to last the race and tore them off as they were quite literally 10 x too big for me! I'm not even joking when I say you could fit two people in each leg!

Altogether, it took us about 45 minutes to complete. Sj and I only trained together once for this run. The route we took in training was the twice the distance of the actual run which we couldn't help but laugh at. On the plus side, it sounds like quite a few others were under the same impression that we would be taking that longer route.

Sj goes for a run twice daily so she was more than prepared. Me? Well, other than that one run we took together that one time, I only trained once... On the treadmill, at the gym. To say I was ill for the run and almost cancelled that morning, I'm impressed that I still did it and finished in that time with such a small amount of training. We greeted by fake snow, Christmas songs and people handing out bottles of water and medals at the finish line.

  So, I lost my belt towards the end...

  The medal we were all given is a nice touch I thought!

Finishing selfie

I think it would be nice to do it again next year but train and prepare myself a lot better before hand. If I were to do it again, hopefully I won't be ill again! I actually quite enjoyed it and I can barely notice any ache at all?

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts