On The Horizon #9
As I came to write this post, I took a read over my last On The Horizon post thinking I'd published it a week or so into May. Instead I found that I shared it during the middle of April! Time has clearly flown by quicker than I had realised.
What's that, I hear you ask? A recap? Lets go over what I shared last time.. My gran and I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with my colleagues then went to lunch with our Jersey family on Easter Sunday. Touch rugby training and the leagues have both started and I'm really enjoying it so far. We've only played about three matches, all of which we unfortunately lost. Chloe and I were to due to have our Netflix binge but had to rearrange (and is still pending) due to me moving. Healthier Living is something that always makes it's way onto these posts but nothing ever really comes of it. I think it's safe to cross this one off as a temporary write off until I get my motivation levels up a bit more.
Now we're all caught up, here is what I currently have planned.
Mario Karts Marathon. Tonight, Chloe is having myself, Rosie and Tasmin round for a chippy and a Mario Kart marathon. She and Rosie also both have the new Nintendo Switch so we'll have a few rounds on that also.
BBQ Night. Rosie and her boyfriend are hosting a BBQ next weekend and will be having a bunch of us round for food. Have you noticed from most of my post that a lot of the things I seem to do are food related? Yeah, clearly food is life!
Pretty Little Liars. Next week marks the season finale of Pretty Little Liars so Chloe and I have already booked in the evening to watch the two hour special, followed by the one hour special with the actresses and I. Marlene King for all the gossip on the show's finale. While I'm looking forward to finding out who A.D. is, I don't really want the show to end! I've heard that an Emison spin off is possible, as well as talks of a PLL movie. Not quite sure how a movie will come about but either way, I'd love to see more of the show as, quite frankly, what am I going to do with my life now?
Baking. This is something I've wanted to get back into for the longest time! With me being so out so sync for the best part of the last year and a half, I never seemed to have the time or the motivation to bake as often as I would have liked. Now with temporarily living at home again, I've got more time on my hands and I'd like to say my motivation is starting to come back so baking will hopefully be one of the things that will be happening more regularly now.
Blogging. This is something I feel is slowly starting to improve at the moment anyway but I've got a few posts in the works currently that are due to come out soon. Over the next couple of weeks, I've got about four posts ready (or at least partially ready) to go up and some more which will spiral out of what I have in mind.
Holiday Booking. A little while ago, I bought tickets to FriendsFest in London in September. Flights and accommodation for that have now been booked. I'm also thinking about booking another proper holiday either later on this year or next year which I plan on looking into next week. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I haven't left the island in about two years apart from day trips to Jersey, and those have all been for work so I think an actual holiday will be a well deserved treat!
Meal plans. I have this idea in my head that if I better plan my meals and plan my meals based on healthy food, it'll help boost my motivation levels, which ideally will get me back in the gym on a more regular basis than once or twice every other week. While I was house sitting this week, I spent one evening listing different meal ideas that are quick to pull together.
Are you surprised that the gym hasn't 'made the cut' this time round like with pretty every other 'On The Horizon post I've done? At the moment, I've accepted the fact I'm still figuring out a steady daily routine and with the weather brightening up for the most part, being outside and soaking up some rays or busying myself out in the sun has been of more interest recently. However, here's to hoping that I'll find myself set in a routine that will allow for more gym time.
Charlotte.
What's that, I hear you ask? A recap? Lets go over what I shared last time.. My gran and I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with my colleagues then went to lunch with our Jersey family on Easter Sunday. Touch rugby training and the leagues have both started and I'm really enjoying it so far. We've only played about three matches, all of which we unfortunately lost. Chloe and I were to due to have our Netflix binge but had to rearrange (and is still pending) due to me moving. Healthier Living is something that always makes it's way onto these posts but nothing ever really comes of it. I think it's safe to cross this one off as a temporary write off until I get my motivation levels up a bit more.
Now we're all caught up, here is what I currently have planned.
Mario Karts Marathon. Tonight, Chloe is having myself, Rosie and Tasmin round for a chippy and a Mario Kart marathon. She and Rosie also both have the new Nintendo Switch so we'll have a few rounds on that also.
BBQ Night. Rosie and her boyfriend are hosting a BBQ next weekend and will be having a bunch of us round for food. Have you noticed from most of my post that a lot of the things I seem to do are food related? Yeah, clearly food is life!
Pretty Little Liars. Next week marks the season finale of Pretty Little Liars so Chloe and I have already booked in the evening to watch the two hour special, followed by the one hour special with the actresses and I. Marlene King for all the gossip on the show's finale. While I'm looking forward to finding out who A.D. is, I don't really want the show to end! I've heard that an Emison spin off is possible, as well as talks of a PLL movie. Not quite sure how a movie will come about but either way, I'd love to see more of the show as, quite frankly, what am I going to do with my life now?
Baking. This is something I've wanted to get back into for the longest time! With me being so out so sync for the best part of the last year and a half, I never seemed to have the time or the motivation to bake as often as I would have liked. Now with temporarily living at home again, I've got more time on my hands and I'd like to say my motivation is starting to come back so baking will hopefully be one of the things that will be happening more regularly now.
Blogging. This is something I feel is slowly starting to improve at the moment anyway but I've got a few posts in the works currently that are due to come out soon. Over the next couple of weeks, I've got about four posts ready (or at least partially ready) to go up and some more which will spiral out of what I have in mind.
Holiday Booking. A little while ago, I bought tickets to FriendsFest in London in September. Flights and accommodation for that have now been booked. I'm also thinking about booking another proper holiday either later on this year or next year which I plan on looking into next week. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I haven't left the island in about two years apart from day trips to Jersey, and those have all been for work so I think an actual holiday will be a well deserved treat!
Meal plans. I have this idea in my head that if I better plan my meals and plan my meals based on healthy food, it'll help boost my motivation levels, which ideally will get me back in the gym on a more regular basis than once or twice every other week. While I was house sitting this week, I spent one evening listing different meal ideas that are quick to pull together.
Are you surprised that the gym hasn't 'made the cut' this time round like with pretty every other 'On The Horizon post I've done? At the moment, I've accepted the fact I'm still figuring out a steady daily routine and with the weather brightening up for the most part, being outside and soaking up some rays or busying myself out in the sun has been of more interest recently. However, here's to hoping that I'll find myself set in a routine that will allow for more gym time.
Charlotte.

Comments
Post a Comment