Best Bits: October 2017

As soon as the new month rolled in, the temperatures certainly dropped! While October started off drier, it was noticeably chilly. I made the mistake of thinking I'd be okay to leave for work without taking a coat and regretted it instantly. However, I love that kind of weather when wearing the appropriate layers!

Let's move onto to share my highlights from this month.

Pamper evening. After returning from London towards the end of September, my pores felt pretty clogged up. I spent the first Monday evening of the month doing things that would make me feel better. I headed to the gym  straight from work, cooked a healthy dinner (chicken and rice, there was plenty left over for the following two days), lit some candles, did a mask face, washed my hair and moisturised.

Birthdays. October is a surprisingly busy month for birthdays. My mum and step, James' sister and my granddad all celebrated their birthdays this month. Unfortunately I came down with a migraine so was unable to attend James' sister's celebration and my granddad lives in the U.K. so was only able to send over a card. However, for my mum and step dad, I got them a voucher each then a bottle of prosecco to share as their birthday's are less than a week apart.

House warming. A friend of Sj and I has recently moved so invited a bunch of people round to celebrate. He has a lovely place not too far from mine.

Tennerfest. Here in the Channel Islands, October is the month of set menus at a reduced price. The menu's are set between £10 and £20 so in the past, this annual event has been renamed to 'Octoberfest', but got changed back because that never caught on. Lauren, Lulu and I went for dinner earlier this month and took advantage of the tennerfest at La Grande Mare. At £12.50, you couldn't go wrong and we were pleasantly surprised by our food.

Pumpkin Competition. My work organised a pumpkin carving competition for all employees. They gave us all our pumpkins last week so we could create our masterpieces over the weekend before Halloween, ready for judgement day on Halloween. I recruited my friends for suggestions and James to help with the carving and decorating. The winning idea for my pumpkin was 'punk-kin'! So he had a Mohawk made out of lollipops, dark purple eye shadow, big hoop earrings, and the inside was filled with celebrations.
 
 

Blogging. I feel I've made a little more of an effort with my blog this month. Granted, it feels like I've spent more time prepping posts than what I've actually posted but my internet connection has been pretty shocking this month! But my FriendsFest posts are finally up! You can view them here and here.  And I shared a quick catch up post as well.

Karaoke drives. Sj and I used to go for a drive while listening to old tunes and singing at the top of lungs quite regularly since we passed our driving tests but haven't done this as much recently. Last week, we ordered a take away pizza to share (a Kiev pizza from Le Douvres but they literally do the best pizza on the island), watched the sun set while we ate our pizza then went for a drive while we sang and chattered away. Despite having the pizza, we were still hungry so instead of getting some chocolate, we got some AMAZING milkshakes. I had a Terry's Chocolate Orange milkshake and Sj went for a Mint Aero milkshake and you could really taste the chocolate orange in mine - it was just incredible! So much so that James and I went back the next day so he could try one for himself.

This month has felt busier than it seems. Getting back into the gym a couple times a week was also pretty relaxing. I'm still trying to establish a routine which will hopefully come easier soon!

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts