Best Bits: November 2017
Since the new month rolled in, I began feeling pretty festive. I think that’s mostly due to my job being so involved with Christmas social calendar. Having so much involvement with the company festivities has actually been pretty fun and has helped me organise my Christmas shopping.
Climbing. At the beginning of the month I started indoor wall climbing. This is something I’ve been wanting to do since the spring but the Guernsey Climbing Club spend the summer climbing outside. Outside climbing wasn’t something I wanted to do at the time, mostly because Guernsey weather is so unpredictable. You can read more here.
Christmas shopping. Yes, I am one of those people who likes to go their Christmas shopping done early. With so many celebrations that take place during the month of December, I prefer to get the bulk of my shopping done in November so I can enjoy all of the festivities.
Pizza night. Chloe and I caught up earlier this month over pizza. We began watching Crazy Ex Girlfriend before heading off to the cinema to watch A Bad Moms Christmas. Can we just take a minute to appreciate the hilarity of that movie! We could not stop laughing the whole time! Once the movie had finished, we headed to town to collect our milkshakes. We both opted for the Terry's Chocolate Orange milkshake. We took them back to mine and watched a few more episodes of Crazy Ex Girlfriend. We're slowing making our way through our to watch list.
Shopping. I know I've already touched up Christmas shopping in the post but I've also done a spot of shopping for myself. I treated myself to a filtering water bottle and some lights for my push bike. I finally shared this post and recently I've noticed my energy levels have risen so I'm hoping to start using my push bike more often again.

Cooking. James and I have been testing some new (new to us) recipes recently. Some of the more winter recipes, like soup. Because it's the perfect time of year for soup. My God though, without tooting my own horn, they have been incredible! I give credit to Kristi Carlson who wrote the Eat Like A Gilmore cookbook! The first recipe I tried was the Beef-er-roni, however I ended up doing my adaptation. The second was chili beef soup which turned out a little spicier than it should have. Don't get me wrong through, it was still tasty. Next time, add less cayenne.
Gym. I feel as though I've been to the gym more often than usual over the last month and I feel so much better for it! I just need to work on getting up earlier so I can have more time at the gym and eating cleaner.
Cooking. James and I have been testing some new (new to us) recipes recently. Some of the more winter recipes, like soup. Because it's the perfect time of year for soup. My God though, without tooting my own horn, they have been incredible! I give credit to Kristi Carlson who wrote the Eat Like A Gilmore cookbook! The first recipe I tried was the Beef-er-roni, however I ended up doing my adaptation. The second was chili beef soup which turned out a little spicier than it should have. Don't get me wrong through, it was still tasty. Next time, add less cayenne.
Gym. I feel as though I've been to the gym more often than usual over the last month and I feel so much better for it! I just need to work on getting up earlier so I can have more time at the gym and eating cleaner.
Christmas festivities can officially begin from tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a busy month ahead.
Charlotte.
Comments
Post a Comment