Best Bits: June 2017
It finally has felt like summer this month! We've had some absolute scorcher's throughout the month, causing me to actually venture into the sea for a swim. Granted the sea was freezing at first, but was bearable once you were in and had adjusted to the sudden temperature change.
My monthly highlights are as follows!
Baking. Earlier this month, I whipped up some caramel cookies. Although there was only a mild taste of caramel that you could only really pick up on if you knew you looking for it. Next time, I won't be holding back anywhere near as much on how much caramel I add in.
Pretty Little Liars. While I'm disappointed that the show came to an end, did you see that ending?! I loved the musical number that Mona did a couple weeks ago. I also thought Aria was a little sloppy at times when trying to get in with A.D. Linking in with my to watch list, find out here what my thoughts were on the season finale.
Lunches. Chloe, Rosie and I go for our weekly Wednesday lunches but with Tasmin being back from uni she's also been joining us. It's been lovely to see her again and catch up!
Beach days. As I mentioned at the start of this post, the weather has been incredible! So much so that I have spent a fair of my weekends on the beach, soaking up some rays and braving the waters temperature. Throughout the month, I've had some lovely sunset strolls along the beach with Sj, Jamie and James.
Weekending. It's been absolutely ages since Chloe, Rosie, Tasmin and I have spent a weekend evening together! Saturday just gone was spent with a chippy, Mario Karts and Mamma Mia. We all get so competitive with that game but I'd like to think that I'm not the only one who loves our Mario Karts nights. The original plan was chips on the beach but Glastonbury weekend always brings bad weather! And where would we be without our musicals!
Sun sun sun!That summer sun and heat has almost been too much at times! But I'm so happy for the slight tan its given me. I also managed to get a fair amount of sunbathing done, despite having pasty white skin of a ginger, minus the ginger hair! Although playing touch rugby in the heat has been a bit unbearable.
Dinner Date. James, Jamie and I spent the last evening of June together, having dinner at La Perla. The restaurant has recently been done up, however they still have their great value menu out. Get this, £11.99 for a three course meal! All three courses are good sized portions and you're served so quickly!
Charlotte.
My monthly highlights are as follows!
Baking. Earlier this month, I whipped up some caramel cookies. Although there was only a mild taste of caramel that you could only really pick up on if you knew you looking for it. Next time, I won't be holding back anywhere near as much on how much caramel I add in.
Pretty Little Liars. While I'm disappointed that the show came to an end, did you see that ending?! I loved the musical number that Mona did a couple weeks ago. I also thought Aria was a little sloppy at times when trying to get in with A.D. Linking in with my to watch list, find out here what my thoughts were on the season finale.
Lunches. Chloe, Rosie and I go for our weekly Wednesday lunches but with Tasmin being back from uni she's also been joining us. It's been lovely to see her again and catch up!
Beach days. As I mentioned at the start of this post, the weather has been incredible! So much so that I have spent a fair of my weekends on the beach, soaking up some rays and braving the waters temperature. Throughout the month, I've had some lovely sunset strolls along the beach with Sj, Jamie and James.
Weekending. It's been absolutely ages since Chloe, Rosie, Tasmin and I have spent a weekend evening together! Saturday just gone was spent with a chippy, Mario Karts and Mamma Mia. We all get so competitive with that game but I'd like to think that I'm not the only one who loves our Mario Karts nights. The original plan was chips on the beach but Glastonbury weekend always brings bad weather! And where would we be without our musicals!
Sun sun sun!That summer sun and heat has almost been too much at times! But I'm so happy for the slight tan its given me. I also managed to get a fair amount of sunbathing done, despite having pasty white skin of a ginger, minus the ginger hair! Although playing touch rugby in the heat has been a bit unbearable.
Dinner Date. James, Jamie and I spent the last evening of June together, having dinner at La Perla. The restaurant has recently been done up, however they still have their great value menu out. Get this, £11.99 for a three course meal! All three courses are good sized portions and you're served so quickly!
Charlotte.
Comments
Post a Comment