Progress Report # 2
This is an improvement compared to the first update on getting me back - it's not four months late this time!
I'll be honest, getting 'me' back to normal is going to take A LOT longer than I originally thought. So much keeps happening that keeps proving that 2017 really isn't my year, despite my best efforts to make the positive change I need. With that in mind though, I'm determined to put in the time and efforts to make enough change over the coming months in order for 2018 to be my year!
Over the last month since my last update, rather than actually expecting to wake up and do the things I want, like going to the gym and eating better and what not, I've been laying down the ground work as such. For instance, when I first shared getting 'me' back, I think I thought that the change I wanted would come easy. What you don't realise is that it takes a lot to refocus your mind and energy on the better things in life.
However, more so over the last week, I've made the effort to plan my daily meals. Instead of buying so much chocolate, I've been snacking on protein bars or dark chocolate instead of plain or milk chocolate. Luckily, I'm not a lover of white chocolate anyway so that hasn't been an issue, cutting it out of my diet.
Fitness wise, the gym seems to have taken a back seat for the time being while the touch rugby season is still on going. Although I have managed a few sessions over the past week or two. Once I've managed to settle into a routine of going to bed earlier and waking up earlier, I plan on going to the gym before work. Above mentioned routine will hopefully involve my motivation picking up and mean I also go to the gym on the weekends. Of course, I'm not expecting this to happen immediately so I would preferably like to see this becoming part of my routine in a couple of months or so.
So far, this past month has seen more slow and easy days than I'd care to admit. As I've said before, change doesn't happen over night (I'm clearly trying to justify my lack of focus here). I'll get there though. Soon enough, life will slow down again and will allow me to enforce all aspects of the old me combine with the new change I want to make.
Charlotte.

Comments
Post a Comment