60 Things To Do In 2015: Watch Shrek The Musical

Now, I know that on my 60 Things To Do In 2015 list, I said I wanted to see the show that's touring the UK this year. Instead, I went to see the show put on by Guernsey's theatre group GADOC as its a lot cheaper and so close to home! I spent less than £30 on two tickets whereas one ticket for the UK tour of Shrek The Musical would have cost quite a bit more than that.


I wasn't really sure what to expect, performance-wise. The theatre here in Guernsey (if you can even call it a theatre) is tiny compared to the theatres you get in the West End and other parts of the UK. Nonetheless, the cast took this in their stride and made the most of what they had.

One of my old high school teachers is apart of GADOC so I fully expected to see him in the production, but I was unsure of who he would play. It took me no time at all to figure out who he was playing, with all the costume, makeup and headwear! Although, after much debate on where he was, we finally spotted him. He played Lord Farquad - it was hilarious as he had makeshift shoes on his knees and had to spend the majority of his time on stage scurrying around on his poor knees! I don't envy him - can you imagine how badly bruised they'll be once the whole production has finished?!

The show kept a massive smile on my face throughout the duration! I could barely contain my excitement during the hour leading up to the show! And I sure was not disappointed. So much effort has clearly gone into the rehearsals, costumes, makeup, and of course the performance! The dragon was so impressive - it took five people to keep it under control! Apparently, it came over from London especially for this production.

I had planned on having a 'Shrek-athon' today but the weather has just been fabulous! Instead, we went for milkshakes at The Terrace. It's all outside and is only open during the spring/summer months. The view was lovely and the sun was a bonus!


As you've probably already gathered, I was amazed by Shrek The Musical! This time next month (this exact date, next month) I will be watching Charlie And The Chocolate Factory The Musical and I'm also super excited about that! I can't wait to see how they perform all of the crazy stuff from the movie! I didn't plan to watch both musicals a month apart from one another - I only realised this today!

Charlotte.

Comments

  1. I was quite the fan of he movie series. I bet I'd loved the musical. Theater in general is always a good time. (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts