Five weekly positives #7
Here in Guernsey, we had a sunny start to the week. It's a shame that the same can't be said about the end of the week.
1. The sun came out to play on Monday. It made it past the thick fog that we had during the morning and was standing strong during the afternoon! I left the house in my leggings, a long sleeve top and a hoodie and kind of regretted it when I got back. I didn't let the good weather go a miss and whipped out my summer dress and spent two hours sunbathing and even had my dinner outside - I've not had my dinner in the garden since last summer! I spent two and a half hours sunbathing, hoping to get a tan. Unfortunately, I am cursed with skin as pale as a snowman, so I still look no more tanned than before.
2. Quiz night. I don't often attend these sorts of things but seeing as one was being held at my work, I sort of felt obligated to go. Plus, one of my colleagues, who I, unfortunately, don't get to see that often anymore, had a spare space in her team going which I filled. I really enjoyed and did just a bit better than I expected I would. One of our team mates dropped out at the last minute so we replaced them with Google. Let me tell you know - having Google on your team is a bad idea because he was terrible! Didn't have any input in question-answering. But on the plus side, I won a bottle of champagne in the raffle.
![]() |
| Google had no input what so ever! Terrible teammate! Haha |
3. I went to the gym in Monday night. This improved my sleeping pattern this week and broke my habit of waking up naturally around 6:30am. There's nothing wrong with waking up at that time, I just got super tired of an evening so now that I've broken that habit I'm not as tired during the evening and can be a little more productive.
4. Sj and I spent this evening planing our outfit choices for our holiday (which is now only two weeks away!). We managed to fill the floor with our clothes - bare in mind we're only going for five days so we probably don't need this much as we do plan to shop while we're away...
5. Tonight's sunset. It was just so pretty and colourful that I couldn't resist taking a photo. It was high tide when I took the photos - I must have looked like such a weirdo, running off of the slipway every time the waves came near me!
Although we've had quite the chilly end to what was a lovely start, I think summer is definitely trying to fight its way onto the scene. I hope it comes soon - I want to sunbath!
Charlotte.






Comments
Post a Comment