101 in 1001: Attend a chocolate making session

I knew this was going to be something that I organised and got everyone doing when I added it to my 101 in 1001. I'm normally the one who comes up with the weird ideas that mine times out of ten turn out to be pretty fun. Chocolate making sure as hell did not disappoint! So much so that a few of us have we quite like the idea of going back for another session! Maybe during the summer or over Halloween so we can try a different theme...


We all made it there within about five minutes of one another . Which I think was impressive considering the boyfriends met us there and the girls all went in different directions to get there from brunch. That was also delicious!

The woman who lead the workshop was very friendly and laid back. I read on the website that she's been in the business for 15 years! I booked the session via email but never actually asked how long a workshop was so just assumed it was an hour long. We were all surprised at the fact we came out two hours after we started!

We started off by making a chocolate snowman. We put a stick through two marshmallows, dipped in chocolate, and stuck a face, a hat and a scarf on it then put it to the side to set.

Next up, Florentines. She gave us each a template to give us a general idea of sizing. With the left over chocolate in our piping bags, we filled a reusable cupcake case and stuck a wooden spoon in the mix and sprinkled mini marshmallows on top. This was the hot chocolate mix which is just the most delicious hot chocolate you will ever taste! I would suggest a trip to Guernsey just to go to Rebecca's Chocolates at Oatlands!

We then made our Santa's. The idea was that we shake it well enough and it'll set evenly and be hollow throughout but we all found we didn't have the time to shake it thoroughly. Every Santa had a lot of junk in his trunks! What our chocolatier had us do was paint in the belt, gloves and beard with a different colour chocolate before filling half of the mould with another type of chocolate and then shaking.

Lastly, we made our rum truffles! She let us loose with the shapes and patterns we decorated them with and said to make some chocolate buttons with leftovers in the piping bags.


Everyone had so much fun with the chocolate making workshop which I'm super happy with as it's nice to know I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it!

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts