Blogmas, day 15

On the fifteenth day of Blogmas...

With the Christmas Shoebox Appeal, some chairities encourage you to do a box for families rather than aimed at one person per gender. This is something I personally have never done in the past but would like to do one year as the family boxes can provide more and can, effectively, do more good.

Now, obviously you don't know which family will receive your box so you can never be too sure on qualities of items so I personally would guess at four heads per family as a rough guide. If there's more items then people , then they'll have extra. If theres not enough items for the amount of people in the family then not to worry - the thought is still there and I'm they receiving family will be grateful for the thought nonetheless.

Here are some ideas on what you could include in a box aimed at families.

Toiletries. You can pick up multipacks for toothbrushes on the cheap from your local convenience store or online from Amazon. Amazon Prime also offer toothpaste through their Poultry service. I'm sure your chosen charity will also accept basic shampoo for all hair types.

Sleeping bags. When I was looking at suggestions for my box last year, sleeping bags popped up on a lot of websites. I personally don't know how you'd fit one in a shoebox but sleeping bags are definitely handy items to include. I guess you could pack it as tightly as you can and then wedge small items into the sleeping bag so it's like a surprise? Or you could use a bigger box?

Tissues. You know those packs of tissues that you can fit in your bag? The ones in the plastic rather than a cardboard box? Those are the perfect size for your shoebox and tissues are always handy to have. You can get packs of six in Boots and I'm sure Amazon do loads of multipacks on the cheap.

Wet wipes. I have a packet of wet wipes handy in my desk at work as the cleaners only do a basic job whereby they only hoover and restock the toilet paper and the soap. I know my work desk is completely irrelevant to the point of Christmas shoebox ideas but my point is that I find wet wipes useful for the once over of my desk so imagine how useful the recipients of your box would find them.

Compact mirror. While it may be on the small side, it's the perfect size to fit in your box and will be handy for the recepiant when they're out and about.

Socks. You can get multipacks of socks all over the place. New Look also do a deal on a lot of their socks so you're bound to pick up a range of socks without breaking the bank. I would personally go for some ankle or trainer socks in a larger size in black or white as those with small feet can pass them off as normal length socks and they can be used by either gender so would be better suited to families.

If you're wanting to do a family Christmas shoebox and want more ideas, you'll need to do a bit more searching for charities that will give you the suggestions.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts