Blogmas, day 22

On the twenty second day of Blogmas...

On Tuesday, I made some shortbread biscuits. Rosie gifted me with some baking cut out shapes for one of my birthdays, along with some other baking bits, a few years ago so I thought I'd use the person cut cut out for my shortbread and decorate the men with icing and chocolate drops.


The idea I had in mind was to decorate them as little Santa's. The reality was pretty different! First of all, I had no red icing. I began running out of yellow icing so couldn't do beards on all of them; not that the beards on the ones I did went to plan either - the icing in the piping tubes from Betty Crocker have a mind of their own!

In the end, I just rolled with it and ended up with these. By the time they got into work on Wednesday, a couple of them had lost limbs but no biggie - each man found their rightful limb in the end lived happily ever... until they got eaten!

For me, ginger based snacks are basically THE taste of Christmas! A few colleagues of mine bought gingerbread men and gingerbread biscuits in today and I forgot how Christmassy they taste. Please tell me you know what I'm talking about and I don't sound like a crazy person?! To say gingerbread houses are almost the face of Christmas snacks, I've never actually had one.

An all time favourite Christmas snack of mine is the chocolate Yule Log from Marks and Spencer. I know most shops sell Yule Logs but it's the specific Yule Logs branded by M&S that are my favourite snacks and unfortunately they only come out over Christmas. That's probably for the best as if be massive if they were sold all year round! Thinking about it, I shall have to take a trip to M&S over the weekend purely for the Yule Log...

Charlotte

Comments

Popular Posts